CrazyBoards.org

Paxil- The Dreaded Withdrawals...

I was gaining weight at an incredible rate, and losing potassium at a unforgiving rate, called my doctor, and he suggested I taper.  Withdrawal was mild at first, now every hour I am sipping on ginger tea, and trying to keep myself busy to distract myself from the nervyness and nausea. Tremors every hour. Dizziness and vertigo, on/off. And IBS.

Doctor suggested I taper from 20 to 10mg, this is how it all started, now I have to ride this out for 3 weeks, but still, this has a been a huge rollercoaster coming off.

Going to doc on Thursday, he said something about Prozac easing Paxil withdrawals, hopefully this situation comes out for the better. 

Edited by Consider

Paxil was the worst withdrawal of my life. Close second was ativan (but now I'm back on).  My taper was slower though.  After going down to, and staying on  20mg for a few weeks, I went down to 15mg (cutting a 10mg and 20mg tab).  I was on that for a month, then down to 10mg for a month then 5mg.  Finally, nothing. 

Good luck.  I didn't try prozac to ease withdrawal because I was told I would go through prozac withdrawal- which the doctor said was similar to Paxil withdrawal.  It didn't make sense to me.  Good luck and hope it goes by quickly.

No mood swings here, just flu-like symptoms. Even taking care of the pets was a challenge. The aches, pains, nausea, headaches and tremors, and oh brain zaps. I am just trying my hardest to get through this, but its a real challenge with school and household duties. 

I am feeling a bit better, the nausea isn't too bad now, I think I am going to make it! However I am going to down the dose of wellbutrin because of the anxiety effects I am having on it while tapering Paxil. Its too stimulating at 300mg without the theraputic dose of Paxil. Going down to 150mg.