CrazyBoards.org

Sudden mood improvement

I've been in a depressed cycle for weeks but I can jolt myself out of it for a day by taking some modafinil or by smoking some pot. This confuses me because isn't depression meant to come on slowly and then you come out of it slowly. Not sure what to make of being horrifically depressed for weeks and then snapping out of it so suddenly, albeit temporarily. Can anyone relate to this? 

It depends on the drug. We don't really recommend smoking pot here unless its medically prescribed for a condition. I found that smoking pot made me psychotic for a few hours, and did nothing to my mood otherwise.

Sometimes, with bipolar disorder, moods just change for no reason. 

but don't all drugs, fast or slow acting, create "artificial" moods and thereby "lift" depression?

Perhaps the meds don't really solve anything, but just mask the symptoms?¿ I dunno. I guess it doesn't matter if the results are good and the side effects minimal.

but don't all drugs, fast or slow acting, create "artificial" moods and thereby "lift" depression?

Perhaps the meds don't really solve anything, but just mask the symptoms?¿ I dunno. I guess it doesn't matter if the results are good and the side effects minimal.

Some meds can actually help the brain rewire itself, and lessen damage.

Some of them make the symptoms go away. It's important to take meds as prescribed and go to all appointments.

As I said before, moods with bipolar can change in an instant sometimes, it seems.