CrazyBoards.org

Hi, so I'm very curious to hear from those who use Gabapentin/Neurontin for mood, or even for other things, what are your dosages?  It is a drug that I have been prescribed, but just 100mg 2X a day (now that I'm reading the bottle, but I was also told I could use it PRN, which is what I've been doing).  Even at 100mg PRN, I've noticed that it decreases my anxiety, or helps me to go out in social situations with more ease.  But I recently read of it used at higher doses successfully as a mood stabilizer.  Since it's been favorable to me at lower doses, and seems to have pretty much no side effects for me, I'm wondering now if it could be my ideal mood stabilizer.

Please tell me your experience with it at higher doses, and how much you take!  Thanks!!!

I took it for migraines, and it worked really well for that. ALSO, my mood stabilized, and remained stable for 4 years after my discontinuation. Who knows whether it correlated or was caused. I've never heard of it stabilizing someone so well for anyone else (wait, maybe one former CB'er did as well). I took 2100mg.

I was on Neurontin when diagnosed with bipolar.  My highest dose was 4,000 mg, and it never ended up working.  The worst part about it for me was the weaning off of it.  It took very long and my body was so sensitive to the decrease each time, that I was in a sort of withdrawal until it was finally out of my system.  And that ended up being a long time.

I'm currently on 100mg and titrating up to a more therapeutic dose in a few weeks. It's helping my anxiety. I find it activating so I take it in the morning.

Sorry I can't be more help! I'm going to move this to AntiConvulsants and hopefully you'll get more answers.