CrazyBoards.org

Pain from Crossed Legs

Cetkat

So, I have fibromyalgia and also loose joints (meaning shit bends more than it should and I injure easily per multiple physical therapist observations).

My main pain comes from having my legs crossed for any amount of time.  The pain is in my knees and radiates up my thighs.

Any idea if this is a Fibro pain, joint pain or something else like general neuropathic pain?

I think the Fibro and neuro could be the same, but I'm not 100% sure fibro accounts for muscular pain outside the trigger points?

I ask, because I'm trying treatments, and as this is the most problematic... I'd like to know the best (likely) direction to take in solving it.

I have fibro and get sciatic pain. I used to think it was my knees but it sort of radiates from my lower back/bum cheek area, down the sides of my thighs and into my knees. It's awful. Like a really deep ache in my bones. I haven't found a whole lot that helps ease it when I get it and it seems to come in cycles.

My knee pain (I have other)... specifically comes from the knees and radiates upward to the thighs/lower bum.  Like a muscle that's too tense.  It also radiates less down through my calves.  The pain turns to a tenseness as it goes away from the knee.

The reason why I wonder if if's more than just the joint (in spite of popping and flexing backwards too far that makes the joint unstable until I sit and bend my knee back and forth).. is that upon not getting enough REM sleep, my legs will ache --- especially my knees - until the next night of normal-ish sleep.

It feels like the pain in deep inside my knee(s) and nothing I can do will relieve it.  Straightening my legs will do so temporarily & the pain in my knees will turn more towards pain/hot/tightness, but upon bending again, it hurts just as bad as before.

Hmm maybe not the same pain, but I find stretching and straightening my legs alleviates the pain for the few seconds that I'm stretching too. I was originally diagnosed with restless legs because of this but I never fit the bill for that one, never felt like my legs were itchy or crawling and didn't have to keep moving them other than to ease the pain.

It seems docs are up in the air with the restless legs for me.

I feel the need to move them when I'm trying to get to sleep... it's uncomfortable and forced if I don't.  But once I'm asleep I don't move my legs (sleep study).  Half the docs think it's restless legs/half don't...  All I know is that increasing dopamine doesn't affect that, only my ability to sleep in general.

My last sleep consult doc suggested that I have bad sleep because of the Fibro and I should take Lyrica.

Edited by Cetkat