CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
anon0422

Anyone with Depression want to share?

3 hours ago, Hopelessly Broken said:

Depends on the person and the subtype (C or D) C is predominantly constipation, D is predominantly um, the runs. I have C, and I also eat foods that make it worse, so mine is chronic

Im sorry to hear that, sounds like it sucks :(

19 minutes ago, Hopelessly Broken said:

It's existence

I agree.

• Like 1

I'm keeping a mood journal and it helps. For instance, I can see that my mood was higher when I was taking turmeric and fish oil. May be a coincidence but may not - worth a try to start taking them again. anyway, here's the format I am currently using in Excel:

Date

Rating - AM

Rating - PM Emotional/Mental Symptoms Physical symptoms Contributing factors  - likely Contributing factors  - possibly AM Med Taken? PM Med Taken? Supplements taken? Any medication or supplement eliminated today?
Actions taken to improve or One strength Comments I am grateful for: Looking forward to: I ate and drank:

• Like 1

On 05/06/2016 at 4:52 PM, Hopelessly Broken said:

Depends on the person and the subtype (C or D) C is predominantly constipation, D is predominantly um, the runs. I have C, and I also eat foods that make it worse, so mine is chronic

I'm predominantly C but spent 12 years as a severe D, not sure why it changed but even though I'm now a C it really doesn't take much to send me the other way. Can't win. I too eat all the foods, but I tried the new IBS diet (I've tried alll the diets I think over the years) and none of them made a scrap of difference.

23 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Have you tried dicyclomine (bentyl)?  I have IBS and it helps when the diarrhea hits.  Calms the spasms down in my intestines.

Chronic, switches from diarrhea to constipation whenever it feels like it.  I started out with IBS-C (constipation) and am now IBS-D (diarrhea).

I've never heard of having IBS occasionally happening.

I don't know if we get that here, I take buscopan when things go that direction. I'm the opposite to you. They both suck. I always thought when I was a really bad D that C would be better. It's not and I still get to have the fear of D.

21 hours ago, Hopelessly Broken said:

It's existence

Agreed as well. I wish they'd find SOMETHING that helps, even a little. Mine's so bad that combined with the fibro, the anxiety and depression I'm not able to work. And I want to. I hate not being able to.

I always thought when I was a really bad D that C would be better. It's not and I still get to have the fear of D.

I thought that too at one point. 

Hi everyone. ..I am new here and I have been off and on depressed since I was a kid. More so since I had to have a total histerectomy  (sp) back in January of 2014 ? I was 38 and still had hopes of giving my husband a biological child. It still fuck me up....then to top it all off I am over weight with obviously eating disorders. 

Hi and welcome, Iwant2befree. I'm so glad that you've joined us. I'm sorry to hear of your hysterectomy and other problems. That alone would cause anyone to be depressed. I hope you start to feel better. We're here for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iwant2befree said:

Hi everyone. ..I am new here and I have been off and on depressed since I was a kid. More so since I had to have a total histerectomy  (sp) back in January of 2014 ? I was 38 and still had hopes of giving my husband a biological child. It still fuck me up....then to top it all off I am over weight with obviously eating disorders. 

Hello. Welcome to the board. I'm sorry for your loss (because that is what you have suffered). There are lots of us here who can relate to one, all or some of what you are going through and here for you if you need us.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jessamine said:

Hello. Welcome to the board. I'm sorry for your loss (because that is what you have suffered). There are lots of us here who can relate to one, all or some of what you are going through and here for you if you need us.

Thank you so much Jessamine ?

4 hours ago, jt07 said:

Hi and welcome, Iwant2befree. I'm so glad that you've joined us. I'm sorry to hear of your hysterectomy and other problems. That alone would cause anyone to be depressed. I hope you start to feel better. We're here for you.

Thank you jt07 ?

• Like 1

wow my thoughts are getting pretty unbearable, can feel myself slipping further into depression, im agitated, fuck you mental illness

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asho2345 said:

wow my thoughts are getting pretty unbearable, can feel myself slipping further into depression, im agitated, fuck you mental illness

Do you have any PRNs you could take for the agitation?  Does your pdoc know about your thoughts and you feeling like you are slipping further into depression?  The faster that it is caught and treated, the better off you will be.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

I was doing good for a few days. Surprisingly good. Then it all came to a halt last night. I freaked out and couldn't function. I didn't go to work today and my anxiety is through the roof because idk if I will get in trouble or fired. Fuck!

9 minutes ago, taramisue said:

I was doing good for a few days. Surprisingly good. Then it all came to a halt last night. I freaked out and couldn't function. I didn't go to work today and my anxiety is through the roof because idk if I will get in trouble or fired. Fuck!

I don't know what it is, but it happens to me also. It's like I never get a dependable good mood. Sooner or later the depression strikes back. 

6 hours ago, Asho2345 said:

I'm sorry, Ash. Did you mention that you have a pdoc appointment in the near/relative near future?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jt07 said:

I don't know what it is, but it happens to me also. It's like I never get a dependable good mood. Sooner or later the depression strikes back. 

For me my mood changes after every time I wake up.  It is always unpredictable.

8 hours ago, taramisue said:

When you didn't go to work today, did you call in or just not show up?  I would think if you called in it should be ok.  How often does this happen?

14 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Do you have any PRNs you could take for the agitation?  Does your pdoc know about your thoughts and you feeling like you are slipping further into depression?  The faster that it is caught and treated, the better off you will be.

I hope you feel better soon.

I don't have any at the moment, hopefully I will soon but im not counting on it, I had tdoc appointment yesterday but she cancelled on me.. again, hopefully I'll get to see her next week, I'll see if I can get in to see my pdoc

9 hours ago, jt07 said:

I'm sorry, Ash. Did you mention that you have a pdoc appointment in the near/relative near future?

Not yet, I'll see if I can get an emergency appointment, also want to talk to him about my court date cause im very anxious about that

Unable to go and get my script filled because of the fear of starting new meds. The rational side of my brain knows this is ridiculous, but the other part can't make myself get there and get it done. Anxiety has been pretty bad in general today.

Ignore me, I didn't even put this in the right thread I'm so beside myself!

Edited by Jessamine
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jessamine said:

Unable to go and get my script filled because of the fear of starting new meds. The rational side of my brain knows this is ridiculous, but the other part can't make myself get there and get it done. Anxiety has been pretty bad in general today.

Ignore me, I didn't even put this in the right thread I'm so beside myself!

What med were you meant to be starting if you don't mind me asking?

I can relate to not being able to do something even though you know logically that its ridiculous, hope you start feeling better soon :) 

• Like 1

Between depression and anxiety, today was pretty horrible, and tonights not gonna be good, i hate that feeling that something horrible is going to happen