CrazyBoards.org

Hello...? Is this thing on...?

Hi! I've been lurking for about a day and a half now and decided to plunge in. Don't have much to say, just got out of hospital (observation and assessment) and am getting settled back at home, although the truth is that I felt more related to the folks at the hospital than I do to my own fam...My fam is having a hard time, I think, with my dx...

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks for having me along!

Welcome to CB! The shift from the cocooned environment of hospital back to home can be a difficult one.  You'll find that many of us here will be able to relate to that and you should find plenty of support.  Feel free to contact a mod if you need help with anything.

Oh, MiaB, another cat person!

Thanks for the note. I am feeling a bit shoved out into the cold. I am pretty reclusive usually but my experience in hospital suggests that I might be able to relate to other crazies such as myself :) Just adjusting to the fact that I really do have a...challenge...whereas I have been in denial for years :((

Thanks again,

Shari

Hi, Shari.  I think a lot of people have trouble getting used to their diagnosis.  You'll meet other people here with that diagnosis and you can share experiences and ask questions.  I think it's really helpful to hang out with people who understand exactly what we're going through.

There are also support groups that your family might find useful.  NAMI comes to mind, although there are others.

I'm glad you found us and I hope you will stick around.

olga

Thanks Jarn! Olga, that's what I'm really hoping for, although it's scary, too: I am used to being the one doing the supporting--not the one being supported. I am not even sure how to go about it :)

BTW I understand cyberhugs are discouraged. At the risk of sounding like a Luddite, what's a cyberhug?

Okay this is a cyberhug:  (((((((((Shari)))))))))

he he he....Don't tell Velvet Elvis I did that or he'll kick me out. :lol:

The reasoning behind that rule is that when CB was founded, the message boards for Mentally Interesting people tended to be huggy/kissy/rainbows/unicorns crap.  We needed a place where people could talk openly about the crap in their lives that they couldn't deal with or didn't know about.  So you can curse here, you can call your doctor a sonovabitch, you can vent about your spouse, your employer, or anyone else.  You can ask questions about symptoms and side effects and no one will belittle you.

But don't offer hugs to anyone or the bogeyman will getcha!  heh

olga

Heaven forbid. Hugs verboten. Thanks for taking the risk showing me: your secret is same with me :)

Just as well regarding your stance on all this. I'm really bad at dropping my own happy mask, especially in type. I am hoping time will wear me down and soon I'll be grousing, crying, or whatever with the best of you.

Here's to dropping the crap. And I SWEAR never to cyberhug anyone.

Okay, CB lesson #2.  If you want to edit a post, look at the bottom of the block and you'll see "Edit."   Click on it. If you have misspelled a word, you can go back in and fix it.

By the way if you want to rant and rave all to yourself, you can start a blog and keep it private.  That way, no one will know you are ranting and raving.  If you would like sympathetic noises from the crowd, start a blog and make it public.  You will be sure to get comments on it if you visit other blogs and leave your comments.

You really can let your hair down here.  No one is going to give you a hard time.

olga