CrazyBoards.org

Rapid cyclers aka quick change artists

I seem to be stuck in a nasty rapid cycle since June. I realize not everyone experiences these rapid changes in moods. I have found some comfort and insight from others that experience this.

So wanted to start a thread where those that do experience this can share how they manage, or don't. What meds worked best. How quickly do you cycle,?have you pinpointed triggers ? Anything you have found useful in managing this?

I am sorta desperate to talk to others that experience this, I am floundering in a sea of ever changing states of mind. I am not managing it well and often refuse to deal with a manic state, letting it go on too long before I address it with my PRN.

Hoping for some insight.

Depending on how bad things are, I can rapid cycle every few weeks for every few hours. After stopping zyprexa cold turkey I was rapid cycling every minute. 

Typically stress makes it worse. I tend to lose track of things because I'm too busy rapid cycling so notes and delegating tasks seem to help. 

Rapid cycling just means you have 4 or more episodes per year. I believe what you mean in this case is ultra-ultra-rapid cycling, aka ultradian cycling.

Yea that is what I mean,I'm did not know there was another term, thanks for clarifying

Edited by dragonfly23

Rapid cycling just means you have 4 or more episodes per year. I believe what you mean in this case is ultra-ultra-rapid cycling, aka ultradian cycling.

It sounds very similar to my mixed episode from hell. Pdoc says what I had was all part of one big mixed episode where things alternate rather than occur simultaneously (although both happened).

Edited by Flash