CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
amosleigh

Wellbutrin (bupropion) migraine and impulsivity side effects

I've been on Bupropion ER for about four months, two months at 150 mg and two months at 300 mg.

My usual pattern for migraines is about two to three per month, mostly menstrual and I cans abort them with Sumatriptan.

I've recently had a spate of 5-6 day daily migraines, all aborted by Sumatriptan. I'm concerned about the increase and worry that I will need more than my insurance's allotted 9 pill a month. Plus the daily not feeling good is wearing on me.

I also have noticed an increase in my impulsive behaviors, mainly shopping and internet checking.

But it has helped my depressive fatigue and a bit for the lingering depression.

I decided to discontinue it for the week prior to my PDOC appointment just as an experiment and since my results with it are rather moderate, I can live with the loss of this med for a while. I want to see if the headaches lessen or stop completely as I cannot deal with them anymore.

I wonder if others have had worsening migraines or impulsivity?

Edited to add that I have had minor dizziness with the migraine which is a new symptom for me. It is also aborted by the Sumatriptan.

Edited by amosleigh

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By CrazyCatLady83
      I started process of switching from Cymbalta to Remeron on March 25, and took my last dose of Cymbalta a few days ago. Other than a few days of extreme irritability, things have been going surprisingly smoothly. Except that I can't sleep. Not really. I'm rapid-cycling between moments of being awake and instantly dreaming as soon as I close my eyes. The waking moments seem precipitated by startling effects in the dream state, that usually have nothing to do with the content of the dream itself. The worst of these is the sudden sensation of being physically attacked by an evil presence. It seems to take me a little bit longer to wake up during these instances. Or at least that's how I perceive it.
      How much of this is potentially the residual Cymbalta withdrawal effects, and how much of this is the "strange or unusual dreams" listed as a possible side effect of the Remeron? 
      And more importantly, how long can I expect this to last? If you experienced disturbed dreams while on Remeron, how long did it last for you, and did it turn out to be a deal breaker?
    • By Blahblah
      I've been wanting to get cats for a long time. However, I am highly allergic (moreso to long hair cats than short hair probably), but I'll most likely need to take Allergy meds everyday, long term.
      Does anyone know the contraindications or interactions with psych meds? I don't want to become sedated/groggy. Also, I have Dry eye syndrome, I'm afraid anti-histamines will make it much worse. And Alzheimer's runs in my family, I read somewhere that allergy meds might increase dementia and glaucoma risks? Any insight? @mikl_pls
      I've taken Claritin, Allegra and Zyrtec occasionally, not sure which are the safest? I also wonder how safe it is to be using immune-suppressing meds longterm, (like will my allergies or sensitivity increase, or be triggered by other things, if I stop)?

• By lunafox
      Hello all, I'm looking for some med experience/anecdotes!
      I am bipolar and also have anxiety, ADHD, and PTSD. Currently I'm taking Lamictal (400mg/day), Geodon (80mg/day), and Adderall (25mg/day). I'm looking to change it up because I am seriously struggling with the side effects. Since starting Geodon I am tired all the time (it doesn't help that I'm in the midst of a depressive episode) and I've gained 20+ pounds in two months. I think it's helping with the manic side (or maybe that's just because of the depressive episode I'm in?) but I can't deal with these side effects. The Adderall works great for my ADHD but I think it's making me too edgy/irritable for my liking. On top of it I have been having terrible anxiety lately.
      I'm meeting with a new PMHNP next week and I like to research my med options ahead of time so that I feel more informed and can advocate for myself. I'm interested in Wellbutrin because it doesn't have weight gain associated with it, it helps with binge eating and supposedly helps you quit smoking (both current concerns of mine), and can work for both depression and ADHD. I'm also interested in Buspar as a possible anxiety med? I like that it also isn't associated with weight gain and that it isn't supposed to be sedating.

I've also taken Abilify in the past (before I took Geodon) and didn't experience any terrible side effects other than it making me sleepy but maybe combined with the right thing that wouldn't be as much of an issue?
      Anyone have experience with this combo or a similar one? Any and all feedback appreciated! The med game is so overwhelming.

• By Cyclingsarah
      Hey guys,
      It's my first day on Lexapro/Ecitalopram. It's 2 hours after my first dose (5 mg) and I totally have the giggles. Feeling high/loopy. Have anyone else tried this?
    • By Sugarcraze
      I was prescribed Vraylar as a mood stabilizer for MDD, which I have been diagnosed with for 20 years, along with ADHD and social anxiety. Until I Vraylar gave me an acute manic episode for over a year, which I hid from my doctor because it was so much better than being depressed. But then I came clean and we realized I actually had hypomanic episodes about 2ce a year, but didn’t realize it, I just thought I had some energy. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has had this reaction to Vraylar?