CrazyBoards.org

I know what I've been thinking lately is most likely the beginnings of a delusion. I live right next door to a high school and so often I can hear the kids practicing sports and other after school activities. Today and last week I think the football team is practicing. I can hear lots of shouting and chanting.

The thing is, the shouting and chanting is making me feel paranoid and anxious. I'm kind of embarassed to admit this but a part of me is thinking that they're really training these kids to become soldiers of some kind to go out and do bad things. The shouting and other sounds don't sound like a group of boys just practicing football. It's so loud I can hear it when I'm inside. This is silly right? I know it's probably not true but I'm bothered by it anyway.

I'm only on 5 mgs Abilify so I know I have room to go up. I was doing so well on this low dose and this is disappointing. I don't see Pdoc until right before the Xmas holiday, Dec. 22 or 23 I think. Maybe this isn't a big deal and I should just ignore it. Does anyone think this warrants a call or earlier appointment?

I'm not sure - I'm inclined to say call.  You're reality checking it, which is good, but if is the start of a bigger episode, then the sooner you nip it in the bud, the better.  Two months is a long time.

I wouldn't feel bad about going up on Abilify.  

Definitely call. you'v got a lot of options with medications.If it makes you feel any better, stuff like that makes me on edge (paranoid, delusional) as well at times. Fortunately AP's have kicked its ass.

I would at least call your pdoc or the nurse and see if an increase could be made over the phone. Some pdocs do that and you could see your pdoc in December still. Or maybe your pdoc will just want to see you sooner.

I know how you feel though. We live near a high school and I hear the announcement of sporting events. It sounds like the voices I hear sometimes and that freaks me out. Especially if I was already hearing things and then the announcers come on. Not fun! I'm sorry you are having problems.