CrazyBoards.org

My mood has been gradually going down hill over the past month, but yesterday I started to feel quite depressed. I have a pdoc appointment next Wednesday. 

I may not need a med change/tweak but am concerned that if I do it will be the Prozac that will most likely be increased as it's the antidepressant. Am a bit concerned because that might flip me into mania. Was wondering about Lamictal. I am on 100 mg morning and 100 mg at night.

I just wanted to ask anybody who is or has taken Lamictal for depression....would a small increase help and would it take a long time to kick in?

I am currently titrating up on lamictal specifically for its anti depressive qualities. I took it at a smaller dose for seizures.

Can't tell yet if it's working, my depression has been a bitch to respond to meds. I also find the titrating difficult, massive mood swings, but in the end I hope it's worth it.

Good luck

I found antidepressant qualities of lamictal up to 350mg - I never went higher than that. Eventually, after fussing with my other meds, I came down 50mg mostly because pdoc thought it was making me feel foggy. I feel a little less foggy and I'm not sure the 50mg made a big difference antidepressant-wise, but as I said, the rest of my cocktail changed too. I got up to 350 in 50mg increments, so at one point it was better for me than 200 like your sig says you're currently taking.

Another thing to consider is that, since you're taking lithium and lamotrigine and Seroquel (all of which ave mood stabilizing effects), you might well be safe to up your Prozac. I could never take anti-depressants until I was on LTG and a  higher dose of Seroquel than just for sleep, but now I can manage Cymbalta quite well, and I was ok with Lexapro before that-which amazed me, because Celexa prompted such a bad manic episode my tdoc suggested I skip the hospital and go straight to the zoo.