CrazyBoards.org

Off days. Need advice

Hello. I'm a teenager who goes to a high school in TX. I am a pretty popular guy, and people love to hang out with me. Don't get me wrong, I like their company, but sometimes I get fed up with people (quicker sometimes than others.) I am diagnosed with Bipolar 1. Anyway, I was wondering if taking a couple of designated days of the week to myself and being in solitude was a good idea. By that I mean, two days out of the week, I stay home and relax. If so, do you have any suggestions for what days?

I get easily fed up with people too. I LOVE my alone time. I think that for me sometimes I take too much alone time and it gets unhealthy but so long as I get sometime for myself every day I'm usually good. I have the same two days off work every week so I try to relax a lot on those days.

As for which days would be best, that just depends on you and your schedule really. You're in school so maybe the weekends?

I mean away from people after school. And I'm thinking having set days... Not random ones.

Ohhh, ok. 

Personally I would definitely take 2 days alone after school for alone time.  I think it is a really good idea, and it's good you realize that you need those days to regroup and relax ... instead of not having them and being stressed out.

So yes, I personally think it is a good idea.

I'm late replying, but I think your idea to have scheduled time alone is a great one. You sound like an introvert, and for us time alone is essential. Even when you know how to be sociable, and you enjoy interacting positively with other people, it can be exhausting if you don't have time to recoup.

Also, scheduling that time is really helpful. For me at least, BP and uncertainty don't go together. I do much better when I have parameters and know what to expect.

Your instincts are wise and you will do well to follow them. Keep up the good work!