CrazyBoards.org

I think I may be an ultradian cycled (kind of)

Hello. I was wondering if this is ultradian cycling? I am manic for a few hours (sometimes days) and then boom, I'm depressed. However, the mania lasts longer, and my depression is only severe once or twice a week. Anyone have an idea of what this may be?

Edited by Jacedeanlove

Ultradian cycling is very rare, and is in the midst of dispute, actually. Mixed episodes can manifest either by having symptoms of depression and mania at the same time, or vacillating between poles, and that seems more likely to me. But I am not a doctor, and can't diagnose. So take that for what it's worth, with a fistful of salt.

Ultradian cycling is very rare, and is in the midst of dispute, actually. Mixed episodes can manifest either by having symptoms of depression and mania at the same time, or vacillating between poles, and that seems more likely to me. But I am not a doctor, and can't diagnose. So take that for what it's worth, with a fistful of salt.

Now that you say that, you may be right! It's like my mood can't decide on what it wants to be. Haha. Thanks.