CrazyBoards.org

Pdoc Issues!

My pdoc wrote an excuse for me to stay off of work to let my meds and body learn to play nice after my last hospitalization. Now I'm ready to go back to work, and my pdoc won't sign the form. He says that I need an "occupational psychiatrist" to do it.

I don't understand then why he felt it was ok to sign me out of work, but it isn't ok to put me back in. This is messing with my mind right now!

He isn't in my HMO either. I go to the community clinic because I think they're in the cause somehow, and aren't as pushed by drug companies. But that isn't true, maybe they're even worse from what I've seen.

I did make an appointment to see the occ. psych because I need that form signed! It asks all this junk about if I can do my job. hahahahaha Probably not- I can't! ;)

Hi LTK,

Wow, you've got me there. Occupational Pdoc?  I've never even heard of one.  I haven't done the community mental service route, but I would figure that most facilities would be happy to just get any Pdoc.

I'm gonna be real charitable and say that because your facility has such a beast, they are using him and your Pdoc is just following local procedures.

Otherwise, I would have to agree that a Pdoc who isn't comfortable judging when you can go back to work isn't a very confident (and thereby competent) Pdoc.

A.M.

Let us know how your interaction with the O' Pdoc goes. (Hey a new acronym!  I think that I get a promotion or something).  ;)

I didn't know what this was, and still don't. I called my HMO and I talked to the psych nurse, and he put me in to see a Dr. [scratch].

I will let you guys know what this pdoc does and just what kind of new beast we have here!

The pdoc I have been seeing is at a community clinic, not a part of my HMO. The pdoc I am going to be seeing, that I was told to go see, is in my HMO.

Can't my mom write me a note and say I'm better?!

loony

[Name removed as per site policy.]

Okay, Loon. This sucks chunks. But having done one of my counseling internships at a community clinic, I know the whole occupational p'doc thing is just part of the bureaucracy. The pdoc is just following the system's orders, but if it makes you feel better, I'll hate him, too. How soon can you get that sheet signed?

Hating your pdoc,

Jillbelle ;)

The stupid thing is IMHO, is that going back to work is a good thing; especially if you feel confident enough to return! I was out for 6 weeks, and even though I was riddled with anxiety about the return, it was definitely better!

I agree it's probably a CYA measure.  Go in, prove you're sane, get note signed, leave.  Assuming you really are sane ;) , it should be straightforward. 

For what it's worth, I adore my occupational therapist.  Her main work-related focus seems to be clearing out illogical thought processes, which is something like clearing out spiderwebs in Arachnophobia.  She also gives me that extra "this is what the hell's going on" time that the wielder of the prescription pad can't appear to spare.  I don't have to pay for her, though. 

;) Greeny, you're so funny! All of you have been so helpful. True, it looks like a "keep from getting sued" kind of thing.

I am very nervous about going back to work, but I know it will be far better than sitting here, feeling useless, and wondering if my whole disorder is a part of my psycho imagination.

And I really like making money. That is important!

I think I"m as sane as I ever get. I'll run out and get the occupational dude to sign the form and go back to work with a certificate more impressive looking than my degree to plaster all over my office.

Archived