CrazyBoards.org

Hello

Just introduction I'm a 30 year old female from Ireland. Had a major depressive episode in August which left me trying lots of different anti depressants some of which left me suicidal. I'm currently on 75mg Effexor and regularly attending psychologist, psychiatrist and have a visiting nurse. I believe I've had ADD all my life I've social anxiety and they are querying bipolar. Hopefully I can read other stories here and not feel so alone

Welcome! I am pretty new as well. I have yet to be diagnosed however many have been mentioned. MDD, GAD, PTSD, BP and an alcohol use disorder. I have a Pdoc appt on January 7th. Hopefully, I'll get some clarity then. I have always thought I had ADD but like I said...not diagnosed. I begin group therapy this Thursday. You are definitely not alone. There are a lot of good people here!

Thanks for your reply I tend to say very little at my appointments so the chances of getting proper diagnosis is slim. I see my doctor tomorrow tends to be along the lines of how are yours moods yeh they are not as bad :D I find it a waste of time but I would like a better life for myself so here's hoping. Hopefully you will know more come January too

Welcome to Crazyboards.

One of the pieces of advice that I have given out (unsolicited!) many times over the years is that doctors can't do much without a complete picture.  If you don't like to talk, write down a list of your symptoms, keep a mood chart for a month or so, and then give the doctor these materials.  You will never be treated efffectively if you remain passive in your interactions with the psychiatrist and the therapist, and also your GP.

I chew the ears off all of my doctors, so they would probably like me to be a little more reticent. :lol:  However, they can't say I'm not giving them a lot of information about what is going on with me.

I'm glad you came to Crazyboards and I hope we can give you some support and friendship.

olga