CrazyBoards.org

Idiot nurse

Slobster

So when I was initially diagnosed with schizophrenia (this was changed to bipolar/SZA later), and experienced severe depression and reported it to the doctor during my hospitalization, and asked whether this could be due to schizoaffective disorder, the idiot nurse who was sitting nearby said "Maybe you report these symptoms because you want to have this disorder". WTF? Why would I want to have this disorder? And how on Earth does she, the nurse (and not psychiatrist) supposedly know that I'm faking these symptoms to get a different diagnosis? Where's the proof? She clearly can't read my thoughts. Why would she get so arrogant and assume that she could somehow know which symptoms I fake and which I don't?

If I wanted to fake something, I would clearly fake not being ill at all, according to her logic. Why would I want to fake another disorder? This nurse fucking sucks.

Edited by Slobster

That's utterly obnoxious.

I think people sometimes say things like that because they want it not to be real. They want you to be faking so they don't have to psychologically face the reality of such a shitty disorder. Not to say that's what the nurse was thinking (as nobody but her has any idea), but I think that's a reason why people sometimes do say ignorant crap like that. 

That's incredibly inappropriate of her to say that to you. 

Sometimes people say that b/c you have symptoms but haven't yet been diagnosed and we all want an answer to our problems.  Then again, sometimes people are just idiots

She wasn't really criticizing my diagnosis sussgestion, though - she was directly criticizing the symptoms I brought up. Which made me avoid talking about the mood symptoms for a long while, because I thought the health care workers might think that I'm faking them.

You do seem hypersensitive to possible symptoms, and extremely diligent about reporting anything that could possibly be a symptom. Maybe that's what she was referring to? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and not impending psychosis or catatonia...

You do seem hypersensitive to possible symptoms, and extremely diligent about reporting anything that could possibly be a symptom. Maybe that's what she was referring to? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and not impending psychosis or catatonia...

I never report the symptoms as diagnoses or sub-diagnoses to my pdoc. I report them as experiences, and let the pdoc decide as to whether they should be classified as one thing or another. What I do on this forum is usually speculative about the possible symptoms I might be experiencing, based on my experiences.

Not only that, but I have also been actually diagnosed with depression, SZA and then bipolar based on the experiences I reported, so it isn't correct so assume that they were somehow biased.

Love the witty humor though.

Edited by Slobster

Do you mind if I ask why you speculate about possible symptoms here?

I'm not sure as to whether "speculate" is the right word. What I do here is basically share my exeriences and ask whether they fit into a given symptom pattern. I do this to track the progression of my illness when pdoc appointments aren't available.

Edited by Slobster

Have you thought about using a mood/symptom tracking app, then? Lots of folks here seem to have success with them and I've seen some recommendations around.

You could also start a blog here that you use to track yourself too. It could be as public or as private as you like.

Have you thought about using a mood/symptom tracking app, then? Lots of folks here seem to have success with them and I've seen some recommendations around.

You could also start a blog here that you use to track yourself too. It could be as public or as private as you like.

What are some good mood tracking apps? Some which also track energy levels, irritability, and such? I'm currently just using graph paper to trace my moods, but the concept of a mood app seems to be far better. Also, any mood tracking apps for Windows PCs?