CrazyBoards.org

What does this translate to under the DSM-5?

So previously, before making a bipolar diagnosis, my pdoc made a diagnosis of "Psychotic state of contious evolution". How is it different from schizophrenia? And what is the equivalent under the DSM-5? Is it the same as Psychosis-NOS?

My pdoc told me that I have no negative or disorganization symptoms by the way, and I also don't have any hallucinations.

You basically explained it yourself. Schizophrenia has positive and negative symptoms. You may have been showing only positive. And I don't believe you HAVE to hallucinate to be schizophrenic. Delusions count too. 

And can't tell you what the equivalent is. I'm not a doc. 

There isn't an "equivalency." The DSM 5 is not the be all and end all. It's mostly used for insurance purposes. Some people think the ICD codes are better, but I am not very familiar with it.

I've never heard of a "psychotic state of continuous evolution." I can find only two references, on reddit, that both seem to have been written by you earlier in November under different username. And those two links are the *only* links that even show up, the rest of the page is blank.

You basically explained it yourself. Schizophrenia has positive and negative symptoms. You may have been showing only positive. And I don't believe you HAVE to hallucinate to be schizophrenic. Delusions count too. 

And can't tell you what the equivalent is. I'm not a doc. 

Can't you be schizophrenic even if you don't have negative symptoms or impaired functioning?

Yes, the phrase "psychotic state of continuous evolution" seems to be something esoteric rather than something from the DSM.  Can you explain what that phrase even means?  

Another possible diagnosis is simply Psychosis NOS (not otherwise specified.)  

I'm not sure if I've ever hallucinated.  My psychosis tends to be purely delusions.