CrazyBoards.org

People who brag

iaawal

Anyone else get annoyed by them? 

Like people who are constantly saying what they're good at? Or reminding you of what they did good?

Like jeez, have a little humility. I don't see the point of bragging. If you did something good, I'm sure people will recognize it. If it's something work related and you contributed something to the work then there's no point in recognizing it because as a member it's your job to constantly do good things. When I do something I update people and say "hey this is what I'm doing" to keep them in the loop but I'm not like "OMG this is what I'm doing, I am awesome, I am the best, praise me, look at how good this is!"

Edited by iaawal

I get irritated with the back-handed brag.  You know, when someone complains about how his wife suddenly wants to redecorate the living room, so he has to save up a couple of months to pay for the $10,000 upgrade.  True story.

People who brag annoy me too.  Aside from adults doing it a lot, more and more these days I see kids of all ages doing the same thing (and I don't mean like the bragging that 'I can run faster than you' type-thing ... mainly with money, and material things mostly), which they've probably picked up from their parents, or kids at school.

I get irritated with the back-handed brag.  You know, when someone complains about how his wife suddenly wants to redecorate the living room, so he has to save up a couple of months to pay for the $10,000 upgrade.  True story.

this, ugh!!!  this is my in-laws, all of them but one.  makes me crazy(er).

it is so rare for me to have a real feeling of accomplishment, or excitement over a new possession, that i will brag when it happens - but i also say i'm bragging while i'm doing it, heh.

Ah, I think I fall into your "bragging" category. 

I'm not, not really. I'm not intentionally trying to one-up people. I just don't know how else to contribute to a conversation than to say "yeah, I did that too and it went well!" or to mention my own accomplishment/etc. 

Sometimes it's not always intentional. Sometimes it's my own shittiness at human relations.

teenage boys/ young men in their early twenties really piss me off when they brag openly in public about how much they drank last night/who they slept with/ that they are "getting sex tonight", it just repulses me. 

i also hate it when you tell somone some good news about something you did or achieved and instead of saying well done, they try and upstage you, i get rid of these kind of "friends" quickly.