CrazyBoards.org

Giant bummer.

I'm on my 3rd month of taking Forfivo (which is wellbutrin / bupropian at 450 mg. GET IT? FOUR-FIVE-0? fucking hilarious) and believe I experienced an overdose last Tuesday. I went to the Emergency Room for:

- dizziness

- auditory hallucination - i heard people talking unitelligibly this only lasted a few minutes and happened once

- intermittant paralysis of left arm, left hand (lasting a few seconds on each "attack")

- tingling / numbness on left side of face, difficulty swallowing and using my tongue to form words

- slurred speech

- confusion / memory issue (forgot how to drive stick shift, trouble recognizing my street, forgot i was standing, unable to understand questions, etc) (this lasted for hours, and still felt somewhat odd the next day)

- unable to find the words (wanted to speak but couldnt get the words out)

Bloodwork indicates i'm the healthiest person the ER has ever seen: no stroke, no high BP, no history of seizure, perfect cholesterol, perfect weight, etc.  Their diagnosis was "dehydration and slightly anemic" ...as i'm wandering aimlessly about the hospital room, looking in corners and asking them for the 3rd time "did i tell you my arm is numb?" :(

ER said well, perhaps you are stressed out or maybe it's your medicine? 

When i got home my Signif Other helped me email my Psychiatrist with my symptoms and "could this be Forfivo?" to which he responded "No, this is not Forfivo. Did they order a CT scan or MRI?" (Umm no. THE FUCK?). Psych ordered MRI which i will take next week and got me into see a neurologist the day after -- all superficial tests are normal.

So anyway, i dont care what they say, i think its Forfivo overdose.  This weirdness happened 4 days ago & I'm completely recovered. I asked Dr to lower my Forfivo 450mg to Wellbutrin 300mg, and so i switched to 300mgs 2 days after the incident. And i feel great.

MRI scheduled next week so i will keep you guys posted, but i feel 100% positive they will find nothing.  

Has anyone else experienced these strange symptoms w Forfivo and are physically healthy like me?

Edited by jigsawtooth

Thank you for the feedback, iaawal.  Did you quit Forfivo right after the panic attack or did you continue your same dosage and were fine with forfivo after that? 

i do wish i had been warned about the possibility of temporary paralysis from Forfivo so my SO and I woudn't have gone to the emergency room and seen all of those doctors.

And i feel great.

MRI scheduled next week so i will keep you guys posted, but i feel 100% positive they will find nothing.  

Has anyone else experienced these strange symptoms w Forfivo and are physically healthy like me?

I had many side effects with bupropion before I settled in. But I took a LONG time to go up to 450 xl.

Glad you are feeling better.