CrazyBoards.org

This week for about a week now  3 nights or so this happened , i have herd a woman's voice outside my window. I can't make out what she is talking about but it only last for a few seconds then stops. It happens about 11:30-12am , just before i am about to go to bed. I dunno if i am halluciniating this or it is actually happening.I also live on a main road, a month ago i herd voices and it was the police outside my house they had arrested a guy, it was early in the morning.

I don't feel scared or anything when it happens. The voice is to muffled to work out what's being said.Is this anything to worry about, i have not herd anything like this before. I have been psychosis free for 8 months now. I have not told anyone i herd this.

Edited by littlemisschatterbox

This week for about a week now  3 nights or so this happened , i have herd a woman's voice outside my window. I can't make out what she is talking about but it only last for a few seconds then stops. It happens about 11:30-12am , just before i am about to go to bed. I dunno if i am halluciniating this or it is actually happening.I also live on a main road, a month ago i herd voices and it was the police outside my house they had arrested a guy, it was early in the morning.

I don't feel scared or anything when it happens. The voice is to muffled to work out what's being said.Is this anything to worry about, i have not herd anything like this before. I have been psychosis free for 8 months now. I have not told anyone i herd this.

I know how frustrated you must feel. Often I can't tell whether the voices I'm hearing are real or not. Sometimes I can tell though and often it depends on how loud they are and the direction they're coming from. For example if I hear voices come from above then I know they're most likely to be voices as opposed to real people...unless of course there are real people hiding in the ceiling or somehow hovering above in the sky. I can also sometimes tell due to how loud they are. If I'm in a crowded area but I can hear loud whispers then I know that's likely to be just voices because when in a busy area it's much harder to hear real people with softer voices. It can be hard but in time you will learn to tell the difference - although if you're like me there will be times that you won't be able to.

Just out of curiosity, do you take benadryl before bed?

I've found that can cause auditory hallucinations, and sometimes when I take it I hear people right outside my window too. While I have heard voices, the voices caused by benadryl are distinct from them.

If it's happening while you're drifting off to sleep, that could be a hypnagogic hallucination, as Wonderful Cheese mentioned. Those are fairly normal and not typically indicative of psychosis. 

It would probably help you to mention them to your pdoc, as your pdoc will know the circumstances under which hallucinations happen and what causes them. And if there is something more serious going on, getting it identified early is best.

Just out of curiosity, do you take benadryl before bed?

I've found that can cause auditory hallucinations, and sometimes when I take it I hear people right outside my window too. While I have heard voices, the voices caused by benadryl are distinct from them.

If it's happening while you're drifting off to sleep, that could be a hypnagogic hallucination, as Wonderful Cheese mentioned. Those are fairly normal and not typically indicative of psychosis. 

It would probably help you to mention them to your pdoc, as your pdoc will know the circumstances under which hallucinations happen and what causes them. And if there is something more serious going on, getting it identified early is best.

No I don't take benadryl. When i herd the voice, it was just as i was laying down trying to go to sleep. I havn't herd it since.