CrazyBoards.org

Personally I would get the hallucinations more under control before anything, because when I am hallucinating nothing distracts me from being in that reality.

Do you have a psychiatrist (pdoc) who knows you are still hallucinating and getting worse?  I think it would be a good idea to let him/her know.  Maybe you need a med tweak?

You  said that you are back on your med(s), may I ask for how long? It may take a while for the med(s) to take full effect

It did take awhile for my meds to take effect (but that was because we didn't have the right cocktail at first), but yours may not take awhile.  Everyone is different.

I went back on meds back in 2003, but I still hallucinated and was delusional.  It wasn't until my current med cocktail helped me a lot ... which I've been on for about 4-5 years.  It wasn't a cut and dry/overnight thing though ... I mean like it was gradual that I hallucinated less and less, as the cocktail got to the current one.

So it did take awhile to find the right cocktail, but eventually I did.  I still hallucinate at times and have some delusions now, but nothing like I did years ago.  I think for me I'll never be 100% hallucination/delusion-free, but being on the meds helps me alot.

About a week ago they changed my med I was on Haldol changed it to latuda 40mg and ability 20 mg. I don't see the doc again until the 5th of January hope it kicks in soon though

FWIW, if these meds don't end up working, there are a lot of other meds out there to try, and in different combinations.  I hope the ones you are on now work for you though.  I know it is hard, and much easier said than done, but try to be patient.  It can take time for things to work, and when you find the right medications it really makes a difference.

About a week ago they changed my med I was on Haldol changed it to latuda 40mg and ability 20 mg. I don't see the doc again until the 5th of January hope it kicks in soon though

FWIW, if these meds don't end up working, there are a lot of other meds out there to try, and in different combinations.  I hope the ones you are on now work for you though.  I know it is hard, and much easier said than done, but try to be patient.  It can take time for things to work, and when you find the right medications it really makes a difference.

Yes, do not give up on finding the right meds/combo. There are so many out there to try (as implied above)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't take meds although I should Its just I had such a horrible experience each time I tried I quit trying. Needless to say I go through periods of psychosis for daily maintenance and these really trying periods I excersise and it seems to help I also pray which helps to. Good luck