CrazyBoards.org

Comparable Doses of Lorazepam / Temazepam

Background situation: I've taken 1 mg Lorazepam every night for 15 years. It helps eliminate the nightmares that accompany my Seroquel. I never felt like I developed a tolerance, and it worked OK.

Present situation: I'm going through a stressful situation, and having trouble sleeping. I asked my pdoc if I could have something just to give me a few nights of good sleep so I wouldn't escalate into mania.

He gave me 15 mg Temazepam. I've only taken it one night but god, what fabulous sleep! No unpleasant dreams, woke feeling rested and energetic instead of still exhausted, it was wonderful. If it continues to work this well, I'm thinking I'd like to switch from Lorazepam to Temazepam permanently.

So I guess this question is twofold: Are these doses--1 mg Lorazepam and 15 mg Temazepam--comparable, or is the Temazepam just a bigger club to beat my brain with? And also, is there a higher risk of tolerance with Temazepam? I've tried to read up on it, but haven't been able to find too much.

Thanks in advance for any insights.