CrazyBoards.org

Hi. I am new and scared

I usually keep this personal stuff to myself, but I thought maybe someone might have something positive to say, some help? I have a history of major depression, anxiety sometimes with psychosis; I am currently taking Zoloft 50 mg, Ativan .5 mg as needed. My therapist has stated that I need to go on something like abilifry for delusional thoughts.

I have severe intrusive thoughts at times, that crush me. Only on occasion do these occur, and when they do, it's usually severe.

I am permenantly disabled due to a neck injury, so I am dealing with all kinds of stress too.

I am very scared to go on an antipsychotic drug. I have taken geodon 20mg in the past and it has heavily sedated me. I currently have a 3 year old son who I stay at home with and am his caretaker. I can't afford to be that sedated...I feel like I am stuck between a rock and another rock..

My therapist says I need to trial by error find one that fits for me.

Any ideas?

Thx for hearing me out!

Peace

Hi, and welcome to Crazyboards.  I'm sorry you weren't greeted earlier today---I usually try to say hello to new people pretty promptly.

I think you will get more feedback to your question if you post it in the forum for antipsychotic drugs.  I can't comment because I haven't taken one, but I know we have a lot of members on them.  If your title includes some information about your question, I bet you will get some input pretty quickly.

Good luck and I hope we can help you to make an informed decision about your treatment plan.

olga