CrazyBoards.org

How long does it take for a AAP to leave your system, Saphris causing insomnia?

Hi I have been on a AAP for one and a half years now at 10mg. I am now on 5mg of saphris for a month now. I am now on 0mg of saphris and 900mg of lithium. The doctor said I could be on no AAP.

I couldn't sleep the first night of not taking Saphris. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long the insomnia will last for please?

At one point way back in the day when I tried going off all of my meds, including my sleep inducer Seroquel 600mg, I couldn't sleep for about 2-3 nights very well, then the remainder of the week I tossed and turned a lot. Overall after a week I was able to sleep normal again. But I have never been one to have a significantly hard time sleeping. Now none of my meds induce sleep or make me sleepy, I just sleep naturally. I fall asleep around 9:30 and wake up around 8:30

I'm guessing that it's not Saphris causing the insomnia, but the removal of Saphris, which can be a sedating med, that is causing the insomnia. The insomnia will resolve once your body gets used to being without the med assuming, of course, that you didn't have insomnia before you started taking Saphris in the first place. 

Well 8 days here and on my 7th and 8th day, 0 hours sleep. This Saphris is a good drug to be on as you don't gain weight like zyprexa but is no easy to come off of like zyprexa. I can sleep fine coming off that stuff but this Saphris is terrible as many people have said before.

I will keep you guys posted and let you know when I can sleep normal again.