CrazyBoards.org

experience with Nozinan (methotrimeprazine)?

just got prescribed nozinan yesterday to calm my shit down while i wait for the uberslow titration of lamotrigine and taper of synthroid, because i don't want to be on more benzos and i've pretty much had it with the tricks the newer AAPs seem to play on me.

i took half of a 25mg pill last night and couldn't move twenty minutes later.  i still can't walk entirely right yet and it's been like 14 hours.  needless to say it was the best night's sleep i've had in awhile, but goddamn.  i was supposed to take another one when i woke up but i know as soon as i do i'm going to pass out cold again, i'm still that sedated.  will this get better?  will i develop some tolerance?  i agreed to heavy sedation so i wouldn't have to go IP.  i'm not really sure the point was to keep me asleep 22 hours a day though.

anybody got an anecdote to share?

I was given 50mg of that in liquid form while IP once.. the nurses misheard "15" as "50" and didn't check. I couldn't get out of bed for 2 days, and the first day, I couldn't walk at all. I'd just fall.

jebus San 50mg for your first shot - that's horrid.  i took the other dose a few hours ago and i'm still awake, but i realized when i got up from the computer that things are really off because i had to hold the wall to get down the hallway to the bathroom.  so i guess this stuff really does do a number on your mobility... thanks for letting me know what happened with you!

Yea, my doctor told them "Give her 15mg of Nozinan" and the nurse heard "Give her 50mg of Nozinan" and didn't check the paperwork until after they gave it to me. Big OOPS there. I was in and out of consciousness for two days.