CrazyBoards.org

I took 40mg Latuda 1 hour ago it made me sleepy but not enough to knock me out, do I need higher dosage?

People said it knocked them out so they can sleep at night. I took my 40mg and it only made me little bit sleepy not enough where I feel I need to sleep.

Do I need to ask my doctor to let me take 80mg at bedtime so i can sleep?

He gave me 20mg morning and 40mg at night but the 40mg is not enough to help me sleep. What do I do?

None of the other sleeping pills work not even benzodiazapines nor ambien nor lunesta. Latuda is my hope to be able to sleep because most days I stay awake for 35-40 hours. I can't fall asleep.

I take Latuda 60mg. I started out on 40mg. It makes me sleepy a couple of hours after I take it, but not enough so that it just knocks me out. It just makes it easier for me to fall asleep. I didn't notice a difference in sleepiness from 40mg to 60mg, so I'm not sure that a higher dosage would make you more sleepy. It's really at what dosage does it control your symptoms. You can always ask for something to help you sleep. When I had trouble sleeping my pdoc prescribed Trazadone. It helped, but a bit too much, it made me sleep 12 hours a day.

As a side note, I have noticed the bigger the meal I take with my Latuda, the sleepier I get. When I eat like a 600-700 calorie big meal vs 350 calorie snack, I get a lot more sleepy with the Latuda.

Have you ever tried Thorazine? Thorazine, I think even at low doses, is pretty sedating... my pdoc has me take it at night before bed because of how sedating it is.

Edit: Seroquel is another good one for helping with sleep. I used to take the extended-release version and I would take it 4 hours before bedtime. 

Edited by surreal

Have you ever tried Thorazine? Thorazine, I think even at low doses, is pretty sedating... my pdoc has me take it at night before bed because of how sedating it is.

Edit: Seroquel is another good one for helping with sleep. I used to take the extended-release version and I would take it 4 hours before bedtime. 

I took it. It didn't do anything for me. I'll ask my doctor for med for sleeping. I took seroquel and I overslept. Usually 12 hours a day and I can't function or do anything.

Hmmm. Some others that come to mind for me (that I've tried) are Vistaril and Remeron. Remeron helped me fall asleep but didn't leave me groggy the next day. It also helped with my depression. But it can also make you really hungry.

I tried vistaril. I never tried remeron. Rozerem sounds familiar. I tried lunesta. It's supposed to work long -term.

If I take Latuda with dinner (we eat late, though, like 8-9pm) I get sleepy about 4 hours later. For instance, I'll keep waking up after dozing off watching tv. I'm on 60mg at night. I do have a little trouble waking up in the morning, but I don't like mornings as it is.

If I take Latuda with dinner (we eat late, though, like 8-9pm) I get sleepy about 4 hours later. For instance, I'll keep waking up after dozing off watching tv. I'm on 60mg at night. I do have a little trouble waking up in the morning, but I don't like mornings as it is.

I take same dosage as u 60mg total. I skip breakfast, so is it ok to take 60mg at night instead of 20 morning 40 night?

It stresses me out that I have to take it in the morning with food when I always have my first meal at 1pm or so. can i take the 60mg at bedtime instead?

Ehh, Latuda knocked me out for exactly 3 hours and then I was wide awake. Some people have to take it in the morning because it won't let them sleep.. just depends

I have the same experience with latuda. I take 40mg at night and I doze off on and on while watching tv. Then I sleep 2-3 hours and wake up to drink water.

I always wake up thirsty in the middle of the night. Then I wake up thirsty again at 6am.

One really nice thing about Latuda is that it took away most of my anxiety problems and I feel closer to normal.