CrazyBoards.org

voices hollering while sleeping

I'm normally prone to hearing voices, including some command voices at times. However, the thing is, the last few nights I've had voices shouting and waking me out of a full sleep.  I've never experienced this or even heard of it.  Anyone have any input, it's a new one on me?

Yes, this has happened to me too, except the voices aren't shouting; they are more or less just talking in a regular tone of voice.  It sounds like the people are right there.  The one that sticks out the most for me was when I was awakened out of sleep with a voice that sounded like it was coming from the pillow.  So that the voice was right under my ear when it woke me up.  At least I recognized the voice as one I knew in real life.  It just felt like someone was talking directly into my ear.

This happens to me with moderate frequency, usually during times of increased stress and especially if I've been suffering from sleep deprivation because of the stress. For me it usually sounds loud and echo-y, though sometimes there are whispers. It's always just sounds, though, no actual language.