CrazyBoards.org

So today (and part of yesterday too) I've been really struggling with concentration issues. Even moreso than normal, for me. For instance, I'm almost always able to quiet my mind while I'm reading a book or critiquing a poem/prose or something of a similar nature. But when I read it's like the words just don't make sense to me anymore. Like I get that they're words, and I understand them on a surface level, but when it comes to comprehension everything goes out the window. It's like I'm reading a grocery list or something.. I start thinking "Why would you put THESE words together? This doesn't make sense..."

Even the idea of sitting and watching a movie right now.. having to concentrate on everything being talked about and all the people and whatnot... just feels so exhausting.

I can't figure out if it's exhaustion (It's been a long month), sleep deprevation, ADD, depression, or a combination.

Blah. What do you do when you can't concentrate on anything?

But when I read it's like the words just don't make sense to me anymore. Like I get that they're words, and I understand them on a surface level, but when it comes to comprehension everything goes out the window. It's like I'm reading a grocery list or something.. I start thinking "Why would you put THESE words together? This doesn't make sense..."

^THIS happens to me all the time.  All I can do when this happens is put it down and do something else.  When I can't concentrate, I just can not concentrate, so it isn't worth pushing myself to understand something that I probably won't understand at that moment.  Can get frustrating.

For me that is a symptom of depression. 

I tend to have a few things 'going' and let my attention drift. Often that means laptop out and open to CB (sometimes chat, sometimes not). The posts here are short enough I can usually make it through. I usually have the tv on - something I've seen before or something that is ok to drift in and out of (home repair shows, for example). Then I let myself drift/space out.