CrazyBoards.org

When I was sick in hospital, I had auditory hallucinations in the form of voices. Now though, while I still experience the feeling of having another person inside my head to some extent, I don't experience them as a auditory hallucinations if that makes sense - they are of the same volume my inner voice, which is inaudible and I only experience them every couple of days or so. They are also kind and cooperative now. Is it fair to say my voices are in remission? Does anyone else experience them as thoughts, rather than auditory hallucinations? If I could categorize them as in remission, I'd able to say schizophrenia or whatever (no diagnosis yet) is in remission generally as I don't have any delusions or hallucinations...

Ok, that's interesting. I don't know if I would call them delusions though - I have insight that they are not real meaning I know they are not real intellectually and in my heart of hearts. Also when I engage with them they freely admit they are facets of me.

While I was acutely psychotic I heard them externally (ha I thought they were coming from an air vent), but now I experience them only internally.  Does anyone feel like they have some control over their voices? Sometimes I can feel when the voices are going to start talking and can just focus on the breath until that feeling passes. 

I hear both, but mine are mainly inside my head (what you experience). Voices can be inside your head (what you experience) or outside your head (sounding like another person is talking to you). They're both hallucinations.

Also, yes, I can feel when the voices are going to start talking at times, but I can't control it.

Edited by pearlzandlace012

Does anyone feel like they have some control over their voices? Sometimes I can feel when the voices are going to start talking and can just focus on the breath until that feeling passes. 

No, I have no control over the voices.  Even if I know they are coming they are so strong I can't not hear them.

Damn I was hoping that I would able to tell my pdoc that I was free of hallucinations - I hope when my dose of aripiprazole goes up I will be able to say I have them no longer...here's hoping. I guess it's no so bad to have them as they are now nice to me :P

It's really interesting to hear everybody's different experiences with voice hearing.

Damn I was hoping that I would able to tell my pdoc that I was free of hallucinations - I hope when my dose of aripiprazole goes up I will be able to say I have them no longer...here's hoping. I guess it's no so bad to have them as they are now nice to me :P

It's really interesting to hear everybody's different experiences with voice hearing.

I would feel so fortunate if the voices I hear were nice to me.

Yeah, I feel so lucky but I did have antagonistic voices when I was acutely sick. I think a combination of meds and dialogue with them helped. I read though that for some people engaging in dialogue makes it worse so ymmv. At the moment I am trying to not engage with them much at all though. They agree with me that they should disappear and leave me with one inner voice, but it remains to be seen whether that will happen :P