CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Savannah

Social security ALJ Hearing

If you haven't heard anything, could you call the Social Security Administration to ask where your papers are in the process?

Savannah, do you have an online account with the SSA?  If so, go on line, you should be able to see what stage they are at, but it will probably be just "pending."

The other thing to look out for is money suddenly appearing in your bank account. My disability was back-dated a year, and the money appeared before we got the letter. Then we went to my online account, and they said a decision had been made, and I'd receive a letter in 3 or 4 days. But because of the back pay, we already knew the answer.

I just got a call from  my attorney's office! Social Security called them looking for a copy of my State Disability Award letter (my state has a years worth of disability insurance. Mine ran out a year ago.). I am trying to get a copy of it from the state as I cant find it. I requested a copy from the state office and should have it within a few days.

My attorney's assistant says thing pretty much means I am approved!!! I am getting closer!

That is great!  I am happy for you!  It is stressful dealing with SSA for anything.

I just got a call from  my attorney's office! Social Security called them looking for a copy of my State Disability Award letter (my state has a years worth of disability insurance. Mine ran out a year ago.). I am trying to get a copy of it from the state as I cant find it. I requested a copy from the state office and should have it within a few days.

My attorney's assistant says thing pretty much means I am approved!!! I am getting closer!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SO HAPPY FOR YOU  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

CONGRATS!!! So happy for you!  :D

I'm still waiting for my decision.

Edited by surreal

I got the letter. It is OFFICIAL.....................................I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D  That must be a big stress off of your back!  Congratulations!

Thinking of you, Surreal. I hope it is the approval you deserve!

Edited to add: If you are as inpatient as I am, you can always go by your local office for a copy, at least thats what I did, lol. 

Edited by Butterflykisses

Good luck, surreal. Check your bank account just in case you were backdated. My backdated money deposited before I got my letter.

I spoke to someone and they told me over the phone since I don't have my decision letter yet... I'm APPROVED!!! :)

Edit: I am in shock right now!

Edited by surreal