CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
ten.tries

I am exhausted from feeling so many feelings!

You know how it is when you're supposed to work on a Really Important Thing but your brain would just rather focus all of its energy on everything else. Everything but the Thing. Everything there ever was except for the Thing. And your brain just won't shut up. And you think you feel great! wonderful! kind of amazing, even! But you're aware of this teeny tiny part of you somewhere deep, deep in there that really just feels kind of trapped.

Edit: I got kicked out of chat. Oh god. I'm so sorry. I thought I was being helpful, but I was trying too hard and said things I now realize were really insensitive. Oh my god. I'm so sorry.

Edit2: Apparently it was just a glitch and I'm a complete noob. Now I'm exhausted from the rollercoaster feels. But I'm still sorry. I'm sure I've annoyed at least one person here at some point. 

Edited by ten.tries

Yes, I know exactly what you are describing. Not only does that thing deep inside make me feel trapped, it also makes me feel wrong, bad and sick. So I push, I look for better faster more. It never ends well, it's a wonder why I keep repeating it over and over.

Ten, the feeling you're describing sounds like hypo/mania to me. How long have you been feeling like this?

Yes, I know exactly what you are describing. Not only does that thing deep inside make me feel trapped, it also makes me feel wrong, bad and sick. So I push, I look for better faster more. It never ends well, it's a wonder why I keep repeating it over and over.

There's this episode of Batman Beyond where the Joker kidnaps Robin and messes him up so he looks like a Joker clone that can't stop laughing. He laughed even though nothing was funny, and he laughed until there were tears in his eyes, and you could see in his eyes that he didn't think anything was funny either, and you could see that he didn't really want to laugh, and that he hated it but couldn't help it.

I also remember someone I know saying—in response to an online post where someone mentioned that they "envied" their sister for being crazy because the crazy made her more "free"—that there is no freedom in craziness, if anything it makes the world a lot smaller. And that's precisely it. On the outside, even on the outside of your own brain, you seem completely happy and joyous and "free," when the truth is you're trapped inside those feelings. You have no control over them. On the inside of your brain you know you're exhausted and your brain can barely keep up with itself and sometimes you start to feel like your brain isn't even moving anymore because it's moving so fast, but you can't stop because you're too happy and joyous and "free."

I think I am gonna agree with Gearhead, it sounds like your either experiencing a mixed state or are hypomanic.

May be worth a call to your Pdoc. I am also assuming you have been where you are before. The crash is bad Ten.

Please take care of yourself.

Ten, the feeling you're describing sounds like hypo/mania to me. How long have you been feeling like this?

I'm not sure, I'm too lazy to keep track of my moods these days. I find it a little difficult to pinpoint what my mood is exactly sometimes. : But I saw my pdoc today, and he upped one of my mood stabilizers. So I should be fine. Soon, I hope. Because I have a deadline at work and I'm terrified. I also know somewhere in there that I'm panicking, but my brain is too busy saying "fuck it." :

I think I am gonna agree with Gearhead, it sounds like your either experiencing a mixed state or are hypomanic.

May be worth a call to your Pdoc. I am also assuming you have been where you are before. The crash is bad Ten.

Please take care of yourself.

Unfortunately it's past 1am here and I don't really have that kind of relationship with my pdoc and counselor. I think this one is a mixed state. Because at the same time I also feel like a really shitty person who's kind of a useless piece of shit. Just kind of useless and not completely, but the shit is there. If only this always came as the type that makes you hyper productive. But no. I just want to curl up in bed, binge-watch a series, and think about all the many ways I suck while feeling somewhat fantastic.

Ah, I know that feeling well. My best advice is to sit down and start noodling around with your project. With any luck you'll find some facet interesting enough to suck you in and you'll get absorbed by it accidentally. Even if you don't you'll get a feeling for what you need to do and get some work done.

Maybe set a timer for like 5 or 10 minutes, and try to work on what you need to until the timer goes off?  Then at the very least you tried to work on it, but couldn't.  And who knows, maybe those 5 minutes will be enough to get you hooked on the work, and you can finish doing it all.

Maybe set a timer for like 5 or 10 minutes, and try to work on what you need to until the timer goes off?  Then at the very least you tried to work on it, but couldn't.  And who knows, maybe those 5 minutes will be enough to get you hooked on the work, and you can finish doing it all.

Good idea! I'll have to try it. I've parceled tasks into small chunks, but never actually set a timer.

Well, I have accomplished the Thing! Ran out of cash though, so I'm forced to skip meds for a few days. Meh, I'm okay. I'll be fine.

Yes, timers can be super helpful. I use an app called Focus Booster, and it's pretty awesome.

I'm glad you accomplished The Thing, but running out of meds is not good. How long is "a few days?"

I have some money now and doing some hardcore budgeting. But I'll be able to buy meds later. Thanks for the concern. :)

I hope you're doing better. You seem to be handling this episode very well. I'm glad your pdoc changed the meds a bit, and I hope it helps.

Best of luck.

Totally. I get exhausted too. That's why I like when I'm just depressed and stable. Mind and feelings are very "calm" as opposed to the time when I FEEL ALL THE THINGS!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Britton777
      Hi everyone. I’ve been dealing with unbearable symptoms for over 4 years. Insomnia, racing thoughts (OCD), derealization, irritability, brain fog and depression. 
      I have tried so many medications, but none help. My insomnia and anxiety are through the roof and I have 24/7 derealization. Years ago, 2007, when I was struggling with depression, my psych talked about starting an MAOI, but we instead we added geodon to Zoloft and it worked (for awhile) 
      Long  story short, I developed sudden onset ruminating thoughts (in form of OCD), insomnia and Anxiety  in 2009. After many trials of meds (I’m adverse and paradoxical to most) I finally was put on remeron which got me sleeping again and in turn helped my other symptoms. 
      From 2010-October 2014 I did relatively well, that is until remeron stopped working and all my symptoms came back. 
      Since I have been inpatient several times trying every sleeping med , bipolar med, SSRI etc with no relief. 
      Mom wondering if an MAOI could help me? Can MAOI’s treat anxiety? Racy brain? I’ve read they can make insomnia worse, which I don’t need. 
      Symptoms: severe insomnia, lucid dreams/nightmares, 24/7 derealization, severe anxiety and panic, major depression, brain fog, dizziness, migraines. 
      I believe, like in 2009-2010, many of my symptoms are from sleep deprivation. I am very desperate to get control over my anxiety and sleep. I’m at the end of my rope. 
      Could an MAOI help me as a last ditch effort to get some kind of quality of life back? 
      Current meds: weaning off Zoloft, weaning off remeron, geodon 20 mg X2, Ativan 5 mg per day (please don’t jump down my throat about this, it will give me a panic attack. I know it’s a high dose and I need to taper this too), prazosin 2 mg. 
      TIA
    • By SheltieUnderdog
      Ive tried Paxil which almost immediately made me want to sleep. Ive also tried Clonazepam primarily for akathisia from Abilify which had the same effect at first but after I gained a tolerance just wore me down a little so I take that around bedtime. I'm getting major anxiety and panic from being on an low-dose atypical antipsychotic and from my 1 1/2 year bid in jail, which ended 2 years ago, from a psychotic episode (having flashbacks of inmates, guards, and harsh environment). Additionally, I'm completely restless, suffering from somewhat intense akathisia, and have racing thoughts. Nonetheless, I want something I can take in the beginning of the day that doesn't make me crawl onto the sofa and doze off. I want something that is calming yet not sedating. Something that will gradually turn me into a mental superhero. The only one I've heard of so far is Buspirone.
    • By Alana92
      Hey everyone! Hope you are having a nice morning. I wanted to chat with likeminded individuals about something I've been struggling with lately. I have anxiety and bipolar type II that has been controlled for nearly 4 years with regular therapy and the right medication, with milder interruptions  that can be upsetting from time to time (such as the below) in stressful times. I am wondering if anyone has experienced a similar "pattern" so to speak. 
      This was the cycle.... Sunday/Monday (down, depressed) Tuesday and Wednesday (charged up, making tons of plans, no appetite, no need for sleep/caffeine) , Thursday (agitated depressed- no need for sleep, racing thoughts, etc. but very depressed mood, crying for no reason, not handling stress well).  I imagine now it will just be more depressive symptoms for a couple of days. 
      these "moods" seem to follow a very set pattern day to day (slightly up, very up, and then down) and last a couple of weeks at most. I definitely know the down mods can be prompted by alcohol consumption (when I'm slightly hypomanic I tend to drink more than usual at dinner, etc.) Anyone else experience this? I want to make sure I am categorizing my moods correctly, if they ARE in fact moods and not just a bad bout of anxiety! 
      Looking forward to hearing from y'all! 
    • By ohjustchillin
      So, I've noticed, as my symptoms are starting to return, that I don't have the typical bipolar episodes. Even for rapid cycling.
      I have psychosis all the time, mostly paranoid delusions, a couple delusions of grandeur, general paranoia, and possibly mild hallucinations (seeing shadows,but that could just be common tricks of the eye that I put more meaning into because of my delusions.)
      My mood tended to be elevated more than depressed, and even when I self harmed it would usually be because I was overly anxious, or frustrated/angry, and restless that it was a way for me to calm myself temporarily. I've since stopped, although the desire to do so is returning but I haven't acted on it. When I would feel depressed and/or suicidal it was more likely to be a result from anxiety and being overwhelmed. My anxiety, irritability, and delusions would cause me to draw away from friends and family. And then I would feel alone, tired, and depressed. This would either switch between my elevated moods quickly (multiple times a day, or every couple days tops) or they would happen together. I don't remember if I would ever go through periods of time without feeling any sort of mood issues but still being psychotic. There may have been times when I wasn't depressed or elevated, but I would still have anxiety and social awkwardness.
      Most of my mood swings (this is what my family tells me, I was a bit out of touch with reality to keep track of it myself. Although I was very good at hiding the paranoia and delusions, not the mood swings though) were switching between extreme irritability and giddiness/excessive happiness.
      Another note, is that even when I'm manic (I assume it's mania, unless the diagnosis is wrong and it's something else?) I have no trouble sleeping. I tend to stay up late, but I have no problem sleeping in. I actually have a bit of a problem with oversleeping, and am often unable to wake up before 2pm unless I set multiple alarms. I know a lack of sleep is a tell tale sign of mania, so I'm wondering how common it is to have mania without it.
      I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 with rapid cycling/mixed episodes (one psychiatrist said rapid cycling and another said mixed episodes) and put on lamotrigine for the past 3 years. For the most part my mood issues stabilized, with less severe irritability and elevated feelings not as often. My psychotic symptoms didn't completely disappear, but they were less intense, more easily ignored.
      I'm just worried that I may have been misdiagnosed. I've heard that schizoaffective disorder and bipolar disorder with psychosis are sometimes confused with each other, but I don't really know much about the former. And of course I'm not a professional, so I can't make a diagnosis. I just wanted some opinions and maybe some help. Thanks.
    • By Aniket
      Hi I am new here. I am 27 years old, and for the past 2 months have been experiencing the following symptoms. I have been to several psychiatrists and psychologists, who have told me that I am not experiencing anything remotely close to psychosis. A few have told me that my symptoms are the result of chronic sleep deprivation (I have had a poor sleep pattern for the past 7 months).

1)  Extreme detachment from people and my surroundings- I feel very detached from my surroundings and people, almost as if they are not real, or as if I am far away. Everything feels "strange" and a bit "off". I know this is some kind of a dissociation I am experiencing, but it causes me a lot of worry.
      2) Extreme detachment from my own actions- I almost feel like an automaton, and as if I am on autopilot. I do things essentially unthinkingly. 
      3) Fear of random noises and objects- I can get scared by any noise or any object, partly because of my detachment from my surroundings, and then I get scared thinking it might be a delusion. 
      4) Having random thoughts come into my mind at all days- these aren't really voices but simply random words or streams of thoughts that come in my mind- and I wonder why I am thinking them- when I realise that I am thinking them i stop them. It's hard to explain. It's almost as if my mind is distracted and bringing up random things. This happens during the day, but most prominently during sleep, and both before and after falling asleep. For some reason, I feel confident that I am thinking these things (out of control as they are) because they are exactly the sort of things I'd think, and I can stop them at will. When I think these things during my sleep- they sound like nonsensical gibberish. The kind of things are mundane things or thoughts. 
      5) Lack of motivation to do anything
      6) A conviction that I am going insane- that I am losing control of my mind

Now here is a list of things that make me think it might NOT be psychosis-
      Things  that make me think I might not have schizophrenia
      1) My worry about schizophrenia preceded the onset of these symptoms- I obsessively googled and starting relating symptoms
      2) No genetic history in family
      3) My worry about these symptoms is far greater than symptoms itself
      4) Everyday I seem to be worried or fearful of new things- Nothing really sticks
      5) The doctors and psychiatrists I have met seem certain that it's not schizophrenia
      6) I carry my activities as well as I used to earlier
      7) I talk to people, and unlike schizophrenia I actually yearn for social interaction
      8) I have been a hypochondriac all my life and in the past obsessed about diseases that didn't exist
      9) There were a lot of stress factors in my life prior to this- breakup, worry about exams, worry about being ill etc
      10)I seem to be in touch with reality, and more upset about these symptoms, rather than going through these symptoms unknowingly. It's almost as if I dissect these symptoms.
      11) I have been suffering from sleep problems for the past 5 months- I basically wake up after few hours. Psych things this is the cause of these symptoms.
      12) When I talk to someone or am involved in an activity- every symptom or worry about it, disappears. The worry really leads to more symptoms.
      What do you think?