CrazyBoards.org

Has anyone ever headed off a psychotic episode by recognising early warning signs and increasing their meds? I don't have a lot of confidence that I will be able to recognise the signs....If you did avoid another episode, what early warning signs did you have?

Has anyone ever headed off a psychotic episode by recognising early warning signs and increasing their meds? I don't have a lot of confidence that I will be able to recognise the signs....If you did avoid another episode, what early warning signs did you have?

Yes, I do get meds tweaked (if ok with pdoc) to head off an episode. 

Usually my mind starts racing, I stop sleeping (or hardly sleep), start hearing voices more.  Also start to believe the thoughts more than what is real.  I can still tell the difference between delusions and real life, so I head off the beginning of an episode fast because I hate when I become totally delusional and don't know reality.

How long does it take for psychosis to ramp up for you? I found I had delusions which I had insight into for a month or two until suddenly the psychosis became acute in the space of a week or so and the insight went away. If I have a  second one I hope I can catch it before it becomes acute.

I wasn't aware that i was having an episode, my husband picked up that something wasn't right. I was just acting strange, wasn't sleeping or eating much. I thought eveything i was going was just normal. I was on 4mg to start with and now on 1mg and haven't had another episode. I now know the signs of having one, but i dont know if I'll be aware or not. My hubby watches out for me.

I know if people are talking about me, or I think everyone is angry at me, I'm heading down the path to psychosis and I get ahold of my treatment team and have my meds tweaked. 

I have about a week before it goes into full blown batshit.