CrazyBoards.org

Does anybody have crazy vivid dreams right before/during an episode?

I don't know if it's related, but I tend to do a lot of sleep paralysis and see shadows coming at me when I fall asleep and when I wake up. I also hear terribly loud screaming from time to time. Usually, these occur when I'm sleep deprived, overwhelmed by anxiety, and about to enter a depressive period. No need to tell anyone that I freak out and that I'm scared to.sleep.

I'm not sure if it really gets worse around episodes but I have crazy vivid dreams every single night. It's sometimes kind of exhausting actually. But it's because of my meds. These dreams that I have though are seriously messed up!!!

^^Me too.  Every night.  And they are really messed up, very realistic.  In the morning sometimes I have to figure out what is real and not real.

I have always had wild dreams, I blame the Seroquel (or whatever med I was taking at night). I rarely go without a dream at night, and they're so realistic, its almost like a memory when I wake up. But that's just me. My dreams change when I'm manic/depressed. Sometimes, when depressed, I don't dream. But it's rare.

I have always had wild dreams, I blame the Seroquel (or whatever med I was taking at night). I rarely go without a dream at night, and they're so realistic, its almost like a memory when I wake up. But that's just me. My dreams change when I'm manic/depressed. Sometimes, when depressed, I don't dream. But it's rare.

Mine feel like a memory too, it's so strange. I think that's why I wake up not really knowing if its real or not.

I never dreamed anything that I remembered until I started LTG, and it got much worse when I started taking Lexapro. I was hoping switching to Cymbalta would improve matters, but it hasn't. I HATE dreaming.

Me too!  I don't mind it when they aren't nightmares and aren't realistic (rare), but when they are all I want to do is get them out of my head when I wake up.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes my dreams will try to make me feel better- I dream about falling in love and discovering hidden knowledge for example. Not sure if that is linked to depression or not- seems like I have those dreams when I am feeling very bad. Or I have horrible violent dreams.

Those are the only types of dreams that are really vivid and "stick with me" all day like they were real events, but I remember dreams almost every night. Always have.

I am curious about the idea that dreams can give clues to up coming mental states- I'll have to start writing them down more consistently.