CrazyBoards.org

Finished Whole Bottle PM Aspirin

Hi,

I was put on Wellbutrin a couple weeks ago and my pdoc also gave me a few sample packs of Ambien to counteract any restlessness or insomnia the Wellbutrin would give me.

The first couple nights it worked great- then it stopped and I quickly ran out (he gave me 3 packets, or 6 pills).

Now I am back to the same old pattern- laying awake in bed for 2-3 hours then screaming out FUCK at the top of my lungs cuz I can't sleep- then taking 2 or 3 PM aspirins- and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

My question I guess is...am I just fueling myself not sleeping by taking PM aspirins night after night?? Do I try to get myself out of this by withdrawl from PM aspirins?? Should I talk to my pdoc??

Any help would greatly be appreciated..  ;)

My question I guess is...am I just fueling myself not sleeping by taking PM aspirins night after night?? Do I try to get myself out of this by withdrawl from PM aspirins?? Should I talk to my pdoc??

Any help would greatly be appreciated..  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the sake of your liver stop taking the PM asprins tonight!

Your doc can tell you more, but taking a pain reliever dailiy when you don't have pain can hurt your liver seriously, give you rebound headaches, and all sorts of bad stuff.

The ingredient in asprin PM and tylenol PM that makes you sleepy is diphenhydramine hcl. this is the same thing as plain regular over the counter benadryl. it is an antihistamine. If you must take an OTC sleep med, just get generic benedryl. it is much cheaper and doesn't contain the pain reliever that you don't really need and that can hurt you in the long run.

this won't help you sleep forever, you should talk to your doc about some longer term options. give him a call and let him know about the sleeplessness.

So I got a refill of Ambien from my pdoc and he said take 1-2 tablets.

Took 2 about 4 hours ago at around 5:00 p.m. (so tired from not sleeping I didn't care it was only 5:00).

I was still restless- I lay awake in bed, trying to get comfortable and probably dozed off at about 6:00.

Woke up 2 hours later at 8:00....wtf???????

This is just GREAT now. I'm probably gonna be staring at this stupid computer screen the entire night.

enfvjkdngjkdngdfjkln

Archived