CrazyBoards.org

It's me...I think

Hi,

I'm Christina. I'm newly registered to CB, but have been sneaking around behind the scenes for a bit. I've been (rather unsuccessfully) dealing with GAD, SH and what turns out to be BP for quite awhile but only started seeing doctors about it in the past year.

Noncrazy facts about me: I love my cat and my church family. Other that that I've had to relearn who I am over the past year and really haven't gotten very far. Anyone else feel like their whole life and personality has been invalidated by their Dx?

Hi, Christina and welcome to Crazyboards.

I think that being diagnosed can be a really startling, if not traumatic experience.  Many of our members have had a difficult time accepting their diagnosis.  It sounds like you are really struggling with this.

Do you have a therapist?  A good one can help you to figure out what your next step will be and help you to come to terms with your diagnoses.

I'm sure other people here will chime in with their experiences.  You can also start a blog if you think it might be useful for venting.

olga

Do you have a therapist? A good one can help you to figure out what your next step will be and help you to come to terms with your diagnoses.

I'm sure other people here will chime in with their experiences. You can also start a blog if you think it might be useful for venting.

olga

I do have a Tdoc but she's been on vacation for the past 2 weeks. I'm hoping to go see her next week. I'll bring this up. The funny thing is, I thought I was okay with the Dx, thought I had accepted it, but I guess just taking my meds and seeing my doctors like a good girl isn't necessarily acceptance. Thank you!

Great name for your cat!

I think the path that we all travel as Mentally interesting people is an up-and-down track.  One would think that seeing doctors and being compliant with meds would lead to steady improvement, like the steady progress of sales figures on a chart---a nice neat arrow heading up at a 45º angle.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work out that way.  We go along feeling pretty good---life is okay and stable---and then there's an "episode" or a bout of depression.  We drop down a few notches, struggle for a few weeks or months, and then start to feel better. It's great if that trend continues, but that doesn't always happen.

I'm glad you have a tdoc and that you will be seeing her soon.  The holiday season is a difficult time for many of us, and it would be great if our therapists could see us on Dec. 26th and 27th, to deal with the damage from Christmas. :)  I'm glad New Year's Eve will be over soon:  it is another tough time for some of our members.

olga