CrazyBoards.org

Help! nothing works for sleep!

I've been rotating Mirtazapine and Doxepin for sleep.

None of hypnotics work on me as I just verified with Sonata(Zeloplone).

I also mix in a bit of Gabepentin, but nothing is working.

I'm shooting Rozerem as the last resort although I hear it's not that strong.

Anyone have any idea? Why isn't Belsomra out already!!?!?

Have you tried anything OTC like benadryl or melatonin?

OTCs like melatonin or banadryl doesn't do anything, lol.  I've tried Seroquel and Zyprexa at low dose for sleep but not they don't do a thing. (Trazadone, etc).

I've pretty much built up tolerance to all the meds out there. I haven't been on Rozerem for a while, so will try that.

I'm trying to survive until Belsomra comes out, lol.

I have emergency Lorezapam(Ativan) but I don't want to use it unless it's life-threatening. 

It took remeron 15 AND ambien cr 12.5 to do the trick for me. Maybe you need a sleep cocktail like I did.

Does your doctor permit mixing a SSRI/SSNI(Remeron) with a CND like Ambien? How long have you used those and have you built up tolerance to any?

It took remeron 15 AND ambien cr 12.5 to do the trick for me. Maybe you need a sleep cocktail like I did.

Does your doctor permit mixing a SSRI/SSNI(Remeron) with a CND like Ambien? How long have you used those and have you built up tolerance to any? Remeron is a tetracyclic, I think, not an ssri or snri. I've had no problems with the combo, save for really bad dry mouth when I wake up. I took it for about a month solid and then my sleep cycle "rebooted." Some other things helped me sleep, like 10mg lexapro. And Ritalin. Slept beautifully on that. Slept too much. Now I don't generally take anything, save for an occasional remeron by itself. I think I've taken the combo a few times since is all. Now my main problem isn't not being able to sleep, but the cats keeping me awake. :(