CrazyBoards.org

I can't believe I found a med that works on me.

Zoloft is working on me! After Effexor pooped out, Cymbalta gave me horrendous sweats and palpitations and made lights brighter, and Wellbutrin made me into a mean bitch. We finally tried this because it works on my 20 yr old daughter. And best of all, it's making me lose my appetite like crazy. (Please tell me this side effect won't go away?)

Hi M.Y.

I'm so happy to hear it's working!

I wish more docs would pay attention to what patients say about how family members react with various medications. Might not be a direct link, but I think it is still something to which they ought to pay attention. With my own mother, it took her years of saying that Effexor worked for her daughter before her pdoc finally prescribed it for her. And, low and behold, it works well for her -- but only after they made her try everything else. Go figure! (Unfortunately, Effexor no longer works for me; however, I am so grateful it's helping my Mom now.)

revlow

Zoloft is working on me! After Effexor pooped out, Cymbalta gave me horrendous sweats and palpitations and made lights brighter, and Wellbutrin made me into a mean bitch. We finally tried this because it works on my 20 yr old daughter. And best of all, it's making me lose my appetite like crazy. (Please tell me this side effect won't go away?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, Mellow, you just enlightened me big time. I'm on Cymbalta and I've been (night)sweating more than normal for a 45 yo female. I thought it was something related to either hormones or this as yet to be determined autoimmune thingee.

Glad Zoloft is working! Two AD success stories in one night. Woo Hoo!

HB

Archived