CrazyBoards.org

I've only ever had visual hallucinations. But I've had times where I will hear voices inside my head like they were put there by someone. They say the most random things and it usually only happens when my environment is quiet. Are these hallucinations? It started again last night.

for some one who has never heard voices in their heads it's hard to explain. I use the "radio or TV" in the head because that's what it sounds like, some thing is in my head, not my thoughts or me thinking to myself, totally different akin to "ringing in the ears"  only voices! Intrusive thoughts are just that, Thoughts, can be imagery or a thought. Voices in the head can certainly be very intrusive and abusive. But are different by sound. As real as ringing in the ears only voices.

The voices I hear sometimes are my intrusive thoughts and sometimes not my intrusive thoughts.  Like Bellatrix said, sometimes it is like someone is transmitting words into my brain.  Those aren't my thoughts but I can still hear them as voices.  I seem to hear voices whether they are my thoughts or intrusive thoughts.

I hear voices conversing about what im doing at that time kinda like sports commentary .Lately my disorder has gotten worse and im getting visions and thought processes like someone is beaming them in, its prolly part of my paranoid disorder but ive been watching the news and it seems more and more people with paranoid schizophrenia are losing control and doing very bad things , my paranoia tells me its that antennae that supposedly for sub marine communication but can also be used to effect peoples thoughts and satan.I hope you feel better God Bless.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a confusing issue for me too, intrusive thoughts vs. hallucinations.  

I get thoughts in my head in other voices that I feel are not my own.  Sometimes these thoughts comment on my activity and talk to each other.  I have been considering these as hallucinations, or things that might be of a lesser degree of hallucination.  

I also get intrusive thoughts and they feel quite different to me.  Intrusive thoughts are disturbing and are most often hurtful thoughts I don't want in my head but clearly originate from myself while the hallucination-things are thoughts on completely random and often benign topics.  I have described it to my pdoc as "other peoples thoughts being taken from their heads and then all put into my head".

Not sure if that helps, but I share your confusion on determining if something is a hallucination if it is not obviously auditory, which I have also experienced. 

I feel like my mind is not arranged well right now so I'm sorry if the post is badly structured.  

I hear voices in my head as well.

Intrusive thoughts are different because most of the time, you know its not real, while with a delusion, you believe it. Intrusive thoughts are more common with OCD in my experience. You know what you're thinking is wrong, but you can't get it out of your head. With a delusion, you believe it without doubt. That's my personal experience, it may vary for others.

I ve had hallucinations too. Psychosis. Terrible anxiety, depression. Intrusive thoughts that are terrifying. My therapist says I am prolly schizoaffective with depression and anxiety. The intrusive thoughts usually come around when I am very stressed. Delusions as well. Meds have helped to deal with them. Taking it easy. And reducing stressors. One day at a time.

I ve had hallucinations too. Psychosis. Terrible anxiety, depression. Intrusive thoughts that are terrifying. My therapist says I am prolly schizoaffective with depression and anxiety. The intrusive thoughts usually come around when I am very stressed. Delusions as well. Meds have helped to deal with them. Taking it easy. And reducing stressors. One day at a time.

Stress (and lack of sleep) always triggers voices with me too.

Stress (and lack of sleep) always triggers voices with me too.

Stress and sleep deprivation do similar things to me too.  These things in combination always brought about the worst of my quasi-psychotic symptoms.  It was finals week when I remember having thoughts that were not my own inside my head the first time.  It was jarring. 

My pdoc and I have agreed not to talk about what I am and just address the symptoms. Truth be told I could be schizoaffective/bipo;ar type, but he would rather just talk about my symptoms. I've been actually pretty good for awhile! Well, by that I mean I could be a lot worse :)

I hear voices coming from behind me. Sometimes whispers, sometimes several voices rambling at once so I can't tell what they're saying, sometimes just one or two telling me to do things or talking about me, making comments on what I'm doing.