CrazyBoards.org

How do you know when a med kicks in? Or do you just know? I've been on Wellbutrin for a little over a week now, and have had some small positive benefits, but I know it's too soon for anything major to have happened yet. Do just wake up one day and know? Or.....yeah...I'm worried I'll miss it.

Danica,

I figured it out in retrospect; got home from work one night and in the middle of fixing dinner realized that my day had not sucked and I wasn't exhausted and didn't fantasize about running my car into an embankment. It got better from there.

It can be like a hangnail or bruise. It heals, but you don't exactly know when, and suddenly you recall that it really hurt and now it doesn't.

Greeny the Obscure.

;) B) It was the year 2001.  I was seeing the Spring Season being excessively clear and sunny for me.  Which makes me additionally Depressed.  And I had heard and read about Wellbutrin not having side effects.  So I decided to see a Physician Doctor first for my Health, then a Psychologist so that I could get the precription of the Wellbutrin.  I think I started on it in the month of April 2001.  And took it steadily through the months ... May, June, July, August.

Meantime, I didn't notice it working and so I thought in time it might.  But after all that time, I got skeptical about it for me.  I still felt the struggles in having a better mood and will power to do what I must do.  After 911 happen.  I stopped on it.  And still didn't notice anything, but by November, I was feeling another sense of gloom and a big struggle to do things.  So I went to my Physician Doctor and got another presciption and tried taking it till December and wasn't noticing it working for me.  So I stopped taking it.  And it was costing me too much for getting more of it.

I was willing to try something that doesn't have side effects.  But I do not expect to take things that do.

Archived