CrazyBoards.org

Has anyone been diagnosed with PMDD?

I have noticed my whole life that I have EXTREME pms.  Not just run of the mill pms where I get a little pissy, but I have no energy, no patience, no sympathy.  I hate everyone.  I want to spend the whole time sleeping.  If the vaccuum doesn't do as it's told I kick it.  I scream at the phone when it rings for interrupting me.  I cry because I tried to use the wrong key to open my door.  I am constantly frustrated, exausted and depressed every month just after ovulation.  Then, a few days before menstruation it all goes away.  For 7 - 10 days a month I become lethargic, mean, emotional and apparently quite frightening.

I have suggested the possibility of PMDD to male doctors in the past (just chance that I never have a woman doctor) and they tell me the AD's should be doing the trick. 

They don't.

Anyone have PMDD and/or know what effectively treats it?

Have a Q: has anyone suggested taking any meds specifically to help with PMDD, like oral contraceptives? Or are you already taking these? If so, you might consider switching to a different type with a steadier dose of hormones throughout the month.

ADs did not help me in this department either, but BCPs did.

God I wish they did.  I have been on bc since I was fourteen (I was a horny teenager).

Come to think of it, about six years ago, when I had a female doctor, she prescribed me different bcp than the ones I was on in hopes of making it better. It actually made it worse.  It had a lower level of hormones apparently.

Revlow, have you been dx with pmdd?

Archived