CrazyBoards.org

Is this a lot?

I just started depacon for complex partials and simple partials and my neuro asked me to keep a diary to see if I'm winning wiith the meds. I only started about a week ago so no chance of winnning yet but there's more asterixes than I expected especiallly since my EEG wasn't that abormal.

I've had between 1 and 3 simple partials a day over the course of the week and one complex partial observed by someone else. Is that a lot of simple partials?

I'd also like to know if I should make a note of when I wake upo feeling like I've got a seizure hangover like I had a nocturnal seizure?

I just started depacon for complex partials and simple partials and my neuro asked me to keep a diary to see if I'm winning wiith the meds. I only started about a week ago so no chance of winnning yet but there's more asterixes than I expected especiallly since my EEG wasn't that abormal.

I've had between 1 and 3 simple partials a day over the course of the week and one complex partial observed by someone else. Is that a lot of simple partials?

I'd also like to know if I should make a note of when I wake upo feeling like I've got a seizure hangover like I had a nocturnal seizure?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you should should make a note of all of this...and I think you should call your doctor...either your dose needs to be adjusted, or something needs to be added...as this does seem to be like alot of seizures to me a day...and the nocturnal seizure suspicions can be a scarey thing, you need to get this checked out...call the doc and see what they want to do about this...but write down EVERYTHING.

Hi dan, Lisa's right on the money.  I was meticulous in writing down everything when I was trying to get diagnosed.  This is a little personal so you don't have to answer if you don't want to but do you sleep alone? Kind of funny, I know, but I'm just wondering if there is anyone around who might be able to witness what's going on when you sleep?

I was having some myclonic weirdness before I started my current drug combination and I don't know if it was seizure related but it could have been.  Why? Because my partner told me that it seemed kind of prolonged and it wasn't happening just as I was falling asleep.  Now I'm not 100% sure but I think "regular' myclonus only occurs when you're just starting to fall asleep.  I also remember one time waking up (this was when I was alone) and I was jerking quite a bit.  I thought hmmm...is this what a myclonic seizure feels like?

Interestingly enough, all of this has stopped along with all of my other seizure actvity since being on the Topamax/Frisium combo.  Or so says my partner, anyway.

Karen

Thanks guys. I won't cal my neuro because I am already in process of upping my dose. I'm starting really low and titrating up. I will have some blood tests once I hit 800 mg a day and see how I'm doing then and maybe go up further.

Archived