CrazyBoards.org

Does anyone ever "lose" days and wonder what the fuck happened? Last week I lost Friday. I remember Thursday and the next day was Friday - so I thought, but it turns out the next day after Thursday was Saturday and I have no idea what happened to Friday. I know I didn't sleep through it because I don't sleep for that long but it's like Friday for me never happened. Has this kind of thing happened to anyone else?

I lose days. Last week I lost 2.5 days in succession. For me that's particularly bad, but also not unheard of. I'm usually more likely to lose hours to days rather than days on end. 

For me I lose them to dissociation. I'm not really sure what else can cause lost time like that. Dissociation, though, can happen for a lot of different reasons, either because of a dissociative disorder, or as a symptom of another MI. It's worth mentioning to your care provider. They can teach you how to be more oriented in the world. They can also help you figure out what's causing you to dissociate in the first place. Especially if it's from, say, depression or anxiety it can be a sign that those should be treated more aggressively.

Yes, this used to happen to me when I was unmedicated.  Not saying you are, but maybe you need a med tweak?  I used to lose weeks at a time.  Once I woke up and went to the dumpster to put stuff out there, and saw a newspaper, and it was my birthday.  I thought it was a week until my birthday. 

The only thing that kind of jogged my memory was that I had written something random on paper with the date on it.  I found the paper when I was cleaning up, and realized that I had lost a week of time because I hadn't remembered a thing from it.  Also, I had gotten my bank statement for the month, and apparently I had withdrawn $1,000 (in $500 increments) with little left in the bank.  Kind of scary ... not knowing what you did for an entire week. 

For the past month and a half I have been losing hours. I don't know what to do about it. It's very concerning to me. I know its my coping mechanism I've been doing it since I was 10 y/o, I stopped doing it for years but it started back up again with a vengeance.

I would tell your pdoc about losing time.  I think s/he'd be concerned also.