CrazyBoards.org

I hate sex on Effexor. Anyone else?

I am on 300 mg of effexor, and I don't think it has affected my sex life at all.  I have not been interested in sex lately, but that has had more to do with my depression than anyhting.  When I am feeling good enough to want sex, the sex is amazing.  I have only been on this dose for about 8 weeks after a severe bout of depression though, so it is a little hard for me to gauge how/if it is affecting my sex drive currently. 

However, I was on 225 mg for over a year, and was able to have mind blowing sex with my wife without a probem.  Everyone is differnt, Your mileage may vary. 

How long have you been on it for? It may get better if it's something that you've started more recently. I know sometimes side effects can take a few months to properly settle down.

It's not something I really noticed when I was on it but then I've never had a particularly high sex drive to begin with. Even when I'm manic, I'll crave attention and everything leading up to sex but then show little interest in sex itself.

I've been on it for about a year now. I am also starting to notice something else that is weird. I take effecxor twice a day, so basically about every 12 hours. I swear I start to feel withdrawals about 9 hours after I take it. This is something that started about 2 months ago. I'm familiar with the terrible withdrawals from these drugs and it feels the same. I have no idea why this would be happening though.