CrazyBoards.org

Bohemian, that sucks TOTALLY, I feel so bad for you.

I would be pissed off enough to ask this new psych what he did intend to do with me, if he wasn't going to put me on any meds, what medical explanation for any of the symptoms/hospitalisations that I had, and I would damn well sit there until he came up with something decent or just ran out of his own arrogant trail of thought.

But I am expecially bitchy today. Forgive me.

Bo,

You need to stay on your meds and find a pdoc who will work with you to find the right cocktail. I know you know this and I know you do want to find the right cocktail.

A doctor should never push his personal or religious convictions on a pateint. It is unethical.

Please consider going back to the hospital. Do it now so your symptoms can be brought under control before your situation worsens.

Also be careful about leaving the hospital AMA, not only is it dangerous game to play but it also may result in you being responsible for the hosptial bill even if you are on Medicaid. I sympathize with your frustration but you need to take care of yourself.

Erika

Erika,

I'm not going back in the hospital yet.  Hell, I'm not even allowed back to Four Winds. : (

I just got back from Outpatient Behavioral Health, and I have an appointment with my old psychiatrist tomorrow at 930am.  Right now, I am suppose to take extra Thorazine and Trilafon.

I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.

Best,

Chris

Thinking of you. I love the Seneca quote, that man was truly inspired. I am hoping that you find a pdoc who will genuinely care for you and work with you, not against you.

I have also found, if you have a such a person in your life, that taking in an advocate can help. I am not the best at phrasing things or challenging crap medical staff on my own, often the intervention of my Dad has saved me from being forced to go drug free, or going on Lithium, or other ridiculous things. I know that it doesn't work for everyone, being asked the intimate details of your symptoms in front of such a person can be excruciating. But sometimes having someone on your team gives you strength.

I totally understand, and you do make coherent sense.  I don't really have anyone like that, though.  My whole family doesn't want to believe my illness.  I used to have a *really* good caseworker, but I turned 18 and I had to get an adult caseworker.  She just turned out to be a liar.

I'll let you know how things go tomorrow. : )

Best,

Chris

Bo,

Good luck finding the right pdoc. They are critical to controlling symptoms. I would ask the pdoc that you had success with for a recomendation. I can say from my expereience that the right pdoc makes all the difference. I was hospitalized 5 times before I met a pdoc who helped me treat my symptoms and my life. You also want to really watch your symptoms, according to my pdoc the longer you have them the more toxic they are for your brain. I am on disability but am paying out of pocket for my pdoc. Unfortunately she doesn't take medicaid. Let us know what happens. You should make sure to ask the pdoc what has worked for them in treating similar cases and what resources their are outside of your visits with them that they would recommend for you. Their maybe support services in your area.

Damn. If I could I would go in there with you as a fellow nutter and demand justice! And cake! But mostly justice! Thinking of you and rooting that you can be as honest and assertive as possible : )

Archived