CrazyBoards.org

xanax, does it take away the dread?

Guest cuddly as a leper

Guest cuddly as a leper

So, what exactly is Xanax suppose to do for you?

I just took it.  Just a little one (.25mg) because I am having a serious panic attack about both me and my husband losing our jobs this week.  Is it possible?  Yes.  Is it likely? No.  My funding (federal grant) is taking a huge hit.  He made ONE mistake last week (but it was a doozy).

Anyhow, now I'm feeling like I took the Xanax and it wasn't the right thing to do.  I don't think it will quell my fears.  My heart is racing like crazy, but I don't think it will do anything to help that either.

So, what's it suppose to do?

P.S.  I have done the research before, but it just says a bunch of clinical things that doesn't really tell me what it does!

please try to relax and give it some time!!! ;)

the more you worry about it, the more youre going to worsen your panic attack.

*breathe*

xanax is used primarily for short-term relief of mild to moderate anxiety and nervous tension. it also is effective for panic attacks. *again, breathe!*

its been a life saver for me.  i went through a few other benzo's - ativan, clonazepam *even low dose effexor for anxiety*, and now xanax which is a keeper for me.  the rest made me either more anxious or VERY tired. with xanax im able to take in the morning and work fine throughout the day. 

its also the strongest of all benzodiazepines...so .25 is a good starting dose for you. 

tal

Archived