CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
straightjacket

What's the most disabling antipsychotic?

Probably the most sedating AAP I'd ever tried was Solian [otherwise known as amisulpride]. May not be available in your country, though.

I also found Zyprexa fairly sedating, as well as Seroquel. 

Results may vary though, I tend to be fairly sensitive to medication...

In terms of whether keeping yourself in a permanent zombie is a good idea - well, in the interim it might not be so bad. Long term? Not so sure about that myself but then again, we all have different perspectives on life. 

How are you going to know when you don't want to be a med zombie anymore???  hint, you might not.

^What does this mean?

I have often found on psychotropics that i was not capable of getting to a certain level of emotion until i got off them and was unable to see this at the time.

Loxapine knocked me out so badly I fell asleep walking to the doctor's. I had to be led by my worker by the arm.

I actually didn't find Clozapine to knock me out except the first few days at night. I just drooled a lot.

And eventually even Loxapine wouldn't knock me out either. I hope you find something, I take Thorazine to calm down when I get upset now.

I was offered clopixol depot while in hospital last time, how that's for sedating side effects. Does it work good.

i'm on clopixol depot. it works, but the extrapyramidals are awful. would not recommend.