CrazyBoards.org

My socks are poisoning me, I think

I wore a clean pair of socks today that I think once belonged to someone else, from years ago.  All day today I felt the person's presence seep through me in a very unpleasant way.  Well, ok, I am down on my risperdol from 2 mg to 1 mg as of last week, but I wonder if this isn't just a delusion.  My spiritual faith puts stock in such things as being true.  What do you guys think? Crazy or metaphysical?

Sorry, I vote crazy.

I shop at thrift stores, and if the former wearer had any effect on a person's mind, us vintage clothing junkies would ALL be wacked out.

If you don't believe me, that's OK. I hear bleach and hot water works well against molevelant spirits.

Well here's my two cents~

You seem like a very spiritual being. If this is the case, then you are more open to energies than alot of other people. So I think it is quite possible that you may be feeling someone elses influence. 'Cleansing' the item with sea salt is supposed to be good to erase old energy.

Just my humble opinion, but hey, it can't hurt.

Well here's my two cents~

You seem like a very spiritual being. If this is the case, then you are more open to energies than alot of other people. So I think it is quite possible that you may be feeling someone elses influence. 'Cleansing' the item with sea salt is supposed to be good to erase old energy.

Just my humble opinion, but hey, it can't hurt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good answer Harmony.

Despite the fact that many of us MI's are prone to neato delusions, I also believe we are more in tune with the stranger than strange land of spirituality.  Pardon my possible blasphemy everyone (I am personally not one for organized religion), but I bet Jesus and Mohammed weren't 'normal' at all.  MI all the way!

Whether or not your socks are invading your Self, something must be done.  The above advice is good... like just not wearing other people's clothes, or maybe it was the meds, or just cleanse the evil little things. :)

I was having issues with delusions at work.  I work alone at night cleaning offices and I was (and still generally am) convinced that there is a very unhappy presence in one of the buildings.  I feel like I am always being stalking by something malevolent.  But in all the other buildings I feel perfectly fine.  Funny how this scary being resides in the probation and corrections building. (I have even named him Oolik so I can yell at him when he starts to freak me out.  That seems to help a lot ;) )

Either way, even though I tell myself it is a delusion and have upped my seroquel, I still feel it there.  Only now I can do my job.  Before I would sometimes skip that office altogether and pray no one complained to my boss.

Good luck.  And if you keep having trouble make puppets out of them.

Very metaphysical. From a Wiccan perspective, you should take action if you want to wear them again. bless the water you put them in and put them in the sink with the blessed water for awhile, then either let them sit in the sun or if it is especially bad, smudge them or hold them and visualize the badness going away, for at least a few minutes, and ask the God/Goddess for purification of the socks.

Hey, perhaps non-metaphysical people won't get it. I sure do. For example, I asked a friend and I expected him to be understanding, and instead he offered the advice that you should "eat a large dog"...yeah, very understanding!

When I stayed on campus in college I always could tell you if there was something bad that went on in the room I was assigned or if something bad was happening around me. It is a terrible feeling.

Good luck with the socks!

Guest billycat

Maybe if you wore them inside out the presence you experience would go out instead of inside you.

but i also think the sock puppet idea is really good too.

Hey Loon, isn't it sage you are supposed to burn to cleanse a room...or an item?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By saying "smudge", that is the term for using sage smoke to clean something. That is just the specific term for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The smudge sticks I have are sage and cedar (juniper).

Archived