CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
cheesecake

Thought Broadcasting I feel like I am the only one who can

Why do I feel like I am the only person in the world who's thoughts can be heard by everyone around yet no one will tell me that they can hear them. Whenever I travel by bus I can feel people logging in to my mind to steal my thoughts.

No one can hear your thoughts or read your mind.  I used to believe this too, and it was distressing because no one would tell me they could hear them when I asked for a reality check. 

I am on a cocktail of meds that helps me a lot now, so I usually don't believe this, but at times I am not sure.  I know people can't read my mind/hear my thoughts, but sometimes I question it.  Idk if I will ever be 100% convinced though that people can't read my mind and hear my thoughts.  But on meds I don't think about it as much.

Thought broadcasting used to be a huge struggle for me, too, so you're definitely not alone in this. I'm sorry that you're dealing with it, though, as it's really unpleasant. I still deal with it a bit, but like melissaw72, I've found that I think about it a lot less now that I'm on a good combination of medications. For me, what did it was 4mg of Risperidone daily. I like to think that because the symptoms went away with medication, that that means the feeling was a product of my own mind rather than something that was really happening, but I suppose I'll never know for sure.

Why do I feel like I am the only person in the world who's thoughts can be heard by everyone around yet no one will tell me that they can hear them. Whenever I travel by bus I can feel people logging in to my mind to steal my thoughts.

I know how frustrating it is. It happens to me all the time. One thing I've learnt to do is to try and change my thoughts to something really boring such as thinking about the weather so if someone wants to steal a boring thought then it doesn't distress me as much.

I agree with Dazed. I also do the same. Think boring thoughts or REALLY try hard to control the content of my thoughts. 

Huh, the first time I thought people could read my mind I was in grade school.

The last time I thought anyone was reading my thoughts was last week when I was reading a book and things I thought of would appear in the text.

I've spent most of my whole life believing fully in thought broadcasting / that everyone else was telepathic. I can remember thinking about it when I was 10, and possibly even earlier. Now that I'm 25 I don't generally worry about it - taking the approach of if so = ha, sucks to be you mate, having to listen to me all day- but on occasion it does become an intense suspicion / paranoia.

Do you ever feel like you can implant thoughts in others?

I have had some experiences like that, but it's not something that routinely crosses my mind.

Do you ever feel like you can implant thoughts in others?

I have had some experiences like that, but it's not something that routinely crosses my mind.

No, I've never tried implanting thoughts in others.  However others implant thoughts in my mind, interjecting them between my own thoughts so everything I am thinking gets jumbled up.

I used to try a lot.

One thing was in this household I lived in, I'd crave a particular food and then one of my housemates cooked it. It happened once or twice a week. This wasn't deliberate, though. It was just I'd crave the food and it'd happen. 

I've made more deliberate attempts at times, but I would say my success rate wasn't exactly stellar.

Recently, I had several people pushing thoughts into my head. I think they might still be trying but I've got them blocked lately. But I could feel their thoughts pushing into my brain, especially when they spoke to me. Like the sound of their voice enhanced the signal, but the signal was always there.

I did have a few times attempting to communicate telepathically with people I knew well, but not implanting thoughts as such.

I had that same thought when I was really sick. I thought the world could hear my thoughts. I thought the people at the hospital had some kind of machine that wrote down my thoughts. I thought I was a telepath and people didn't tell me because they didnt want me to know I was Jesus. I thought I heard from people in China and aliens. They all talked to me. But when I would think something bad I thought they heard it and would get mad at me. I thought I was in touch with President Obama and famous preachers. They all wanted to work with me. I thought I had found out a way to help the developing countries. I also thought I could bring peace on earth and all of this was happening because God wanted to bring us back to a time like the garden of eden. 

I find looking people in the eye makes them know everything about me, and read my mind. I know this is a delusion, but I still believe it. Nobody can read your mind, you aren't sending out thoughts to others. 

Mine where worse when i smoked meth.....When i stopped they stopped. Hmmm lucky me I guess just to have worse things happen.....It was like my secrets where being bled out of my mind.....For everyone to see....Kinda like what I would Imagine it feel like to stand before your Higher Power and He opens the heart and reveals to the entire Universe you past secrets.

Edited by sonicwhite

Thought broadcasting has been an issue for me.  one of the main reasons I avoid stores and other public places.

I've never had thought broadcasting, but I used to think the voices I heard were people I was telepathically communicating with.

but I used to think the voices I heard were people I was telepathically communicating with.

I still do this.  I know it probably isn't real, but it has been happening for so long that it is very hard not to believe it.