CrazyBoards.org

I hear voices inside and outside of my head. But they are not the same as thoughts. It is just were I pick them off as where I 'hear'the voice(s).

I get voices inside my head like you describe.  I was diagnosed with some kind of psychosis at first, then it became understood that it was part of the schizotypal PD that I have.  I don't know what to call the voices, but what I have are not my thoughts either.  I feel like I am listening in to others conversations, or that someone else is inside my head and I can actually talk with them.  It is pretty confusing to me too.  You are not alone in this.

I get voices inside my head like you describe.  I was diagnosed with some kind of psychosis at first, then it became understood that it was part of the schizotypal PD that I have.  I don't know what to call the voices, but what I have are not my thoughts either.  I feel like I am listening in to others conversations, or that someone else is inside my head and I can actually talk with them.  It is pretty confusing to me too.  You are not alone in this.

Yes, it feels like someone is inside my head, too. At one point I actually thought there was a girl living inside my brain.

This is happening again to me currently.  I agree, it is really confusing, especially after having a long period of time when I didn't believe any of it.

I talk to myself quite a lot, but I don't physically hear voices. I can't tell if they are distinct others or just my internal dialogue because I have done this since I was little. I will have a question, and then an answer will come, and i'll think "oh" and go on having the discussion. I think there are philosophers putting ideas into my mind to answer my questions, and often I will come up with an idea which was exactly what someone else had, so I can't say my ideas are "original". they are placed in my mind via that internal dialogue. in fact, i never considered myself intelligent until other pointed it out. i don't feel like these ideas are mine. 

I dunno if this is like hearing voices...

Sometimes if I have a conflict and too many opposing opinions pop into my mind, I grab my head and think "stop it stop it, be quiet, be quiet". but I don't hear physically loud hallucinations...just loud internal chatter. I couldn't say "this voice belongs to this person, and this belongs to that person"- fact is, I don't know where the ideas come from, and they are all mostly in my voice...i think. well, they are familiar anyways.

Edited by Manuel

I talk to myself quite a lot, but I don't physically hear voices. I can't tell if they are distinct others or just my internal dialogue because I have done this since I was little. I will have a question, and then an answer will come, and i'll think "oh" and go on having the discussion. I think there are philosophers putting ideas into my mind to answer my questions, and often I will come up with an idea which was exactly what someone else had, so I can't say my ideas are "original". they are placed in my mind via that internal dialogue. in fact, i never considered myself intelligent until other pointed it out. i don't feel like these ideas are mine. 

I dunno if this is like hearing voices...

Sometimes if I have a conflict and too many opposing opinions pop into my mind, I grab my head and think "stop it stop it, be quiet, be quiet". but I don't hear physically loud hallucinations...just loud internal chatter. I couldn't say "this voice belongs to this person, and this belongs to that person"- fact is, I don't know where the ideas come from, and they are all mostly in my voice...i think. well, they are familiar anyways.

Hallucinations can be internal also.  This happens to me all the time.  I also have the auditory ones, but the ones where it is like "someone" is "talking" (thinking) to you about (whatever), I believe those to be hallucinations also.  You don't have to physically hear voices for them to be hallucinations.

When I hear voices in my head they are clearly not me and distinguishable from my thoughts and I am not confused on that point.

It's been awhile since anyone's spoken to me that way, though.

I'm late on this, but I've had intrusive thoughts that I thought were classified as OCD? Like, I would describe it as in my own voice, and in a way I think I'm thinking it but at the same time I'm not in control of the thought, because I can't stop it, I don't ask for it. And it's not pleasant, like thoughts to kill myself, just do it, sort of thing. Last semester it was so intense that I was able to distinguish three 'characters' and had names for them and could even imagine what they might look like, their personalities, but at the same time it was I felt like I was causing it? Like if I tried harder, they would stop.