CrazyBoards.org

I don't understand how asperger's (which is not longer considered a diagnosis in the DSM 5, just part of the autism spectrum) makes it impossible for you to have schizoaffective disorder? What makes you think that?

I read your theory as to why you had one and not the other, and frankly, I am just puzzled. I am not sure you are making distinctions that matter.

I had a schizoaffective diagnosis and I never had hallucinations.  Rather I always had paranoia and delusions of reference such as thinking the TV was sending me special messages.

well, it is helpfull to me. I am struggling with my diagnosis. I think i have asperger's and not sza.

I am autistic and have SZA. Although I can see how SZA, SZ, or schizotypal can resemble autism. 

I guess when you developed the symptoms matters - mine were throughout childhood, so autism is an appropriate diagnosis, even alongside SZA which developed much later.

I don't understand how asperger's (which is not longer considered a diagnosis in the DSM 5, just part of the autism spectrum) makes it impossible for you to have schizoaffective disorder? What makes you think that?

I read your theory as to why you had one and not the other, and frankly, I am just puzzled. I am not sure you are making distinctions that matter.

I totally agree.

I have schizoaffective bipolar and do not hallucinate on or off the meds ever. How commonplace is this?

It is not that uncommon. As you see, I am one of those too.