CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
subeau

im susan bipolar since birth

misdiagnosed for years.my disease has whispered in my ear & lead me to do some baaaaaaaad stuff.in my recent period of clarity i have left my husband my home my children(no they arent babies)& taken refuge with a friend in a nearby state.my husband wants to leave me with no money no cobra healthcare.i did consider weaning off meds i wouldnt be able to afford.bad choice.i changed my mind on that one.however despite my many meds i am now enduring a deep deep bipolar depression.i didnt even figure out it was my bipolar untill i realized that before it hit i had been jumping out of my skin & spending money i dont have on garbage.the thing is nobody(not even my mother)recognizes or gives credence to my illness.they take it personally or insist i snap out of it.....is karma catching up to me?im terrified.everyday.

Have you been diagnosed as bipolar? I wouldn't recommend getting off your meds without your Dr.'s permission. I have a 19 month old son. I went through post partum. It was horrible. My episodes of depression and mania have became much worse since I had him. It is scary. The best thing you can do is ask for help. I hope you can get healthy and be with your family again. because no matter how scared and overwhelmed you feel now your family is everything. My son forces me to get up in the morning even when I am depressed. I may not always like it but many times we are our own worst enemies. you may want to talk to your dr. about new meds or therapy. good luck.

thanks!yes im diagnosed for some time now.my kids are over 18 so leaving my husband was a must-do. my last hospitalization put me on the right cocktail & ive since changed from a nutsy overworked overbooked dr with a LISTENING problem to a sympathetic nurse practitioner.we'll see how that works.i'll see her tomorrow & blame it on my bipolar as opposed to my divorce.sometimes when i get nuts i actually forget that im sick.apparently so does everyone else.my husband didnt forget but that was his only redeeming quality

Welcome to Crazyboards.

If you don't have any income, can you go to the Legal Aid Society or the Dept of Social Services and see if you can get some help with the divorce?  I don't know what state you are living in, but in my state it's community property and spouses are entitled to half of the assets.  If you are unable to work, he might be directed to pay you alimony and fund your health insurance for a while.  You need legal advice---don't let your husband steamroller over you, particularly if you have been together a number of years.

olga

Yes. I tend to forget I am sick too. Lol. Hopefully, your appt will be successful. I can't imagine what it is like to go through a divorce. Stay strong. It sounds like you made the right decision leaving. Focus on you. Again, good luck.

thank you for the incredible welcome ps...i have a lawyer..i dont think anyone but my shrink buys the fact that i simply cannot work.i eventually go postal.